Full Thread: The Rules
View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2010 #45
Pete Stef

This seems to be sort of what I was looking for, but I seem to remember Alex making comments about style and improving readability. Anyway, I made the following post earlier in another part of the forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Stef View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Sure, that's what we're here for. You don't have to ask my permission. All I ask is people follow the few simple rules we have: sign up with a normal name. Don't lie about people being jews or federal agents - if you make that assertion, you must back it up. That's pretty much it. And of course, if you post it, you must stand behind legally and in other ways, we are not taking responsibility for others' words, whether anonymous or under real name. It's doubly important on the internet and anonymously to be honest and honorable, since the net is great cover for skulking liars, cowards and blowhards.
Hi Alex.

I've actually been looking for the rules for a while and haven't found them. Are those really all that there are? I seem to remember more, like attempting to use correct grammar and spelling, not loading posts with smileys, that sort of thing. There was a time when you posted about improving the readability of the board and you said something about getting rid of signatures, among other things. Didn't there used to be a sticky somewhere?

I don't want a signature or anything, but I would like a link to the rules.

Also, anybody else (Varg?) who might have a link, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
OK I found an etiquette thread: http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=21168

but that still isn't what I remember reading