View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2021 #18
Stewart Meadows

Here's the latest RT gem:

Quote:
I twice voted for Donald Trump, but his seditious behavior means he will go down in history as the worst American president EVER

Scott Ritter
is a former US Marine Corps intelligence officer and author of 'SCORPION KING: America's Suicidal Embrace of Nuclear Weapons from FDR to Trump.' He served in the Soviet Union as an inspector implementing the INF Treaty, in General Schwarzkopf’s staff during the Gulf War, and from 1991-1998 as a UN weapons inspector.

8 Jan, 2021 13:15

While Democrats call for Trump to be removed from office, the best course of action is to let him finish his term as little more than spoiled goods, the only sitting president who actively conspired against his own government.
(...)
When he lambasted Judge Gonzolo Curiel’s qualifications because he was Hispanic, I condemned his actions as “dangerous, and insulting to the history of the country Trump says he wants to make great again.” I supported Trump because, in my mind, the alternatives – Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden – were much worse.
(...)
His conduct in inciting a crowd of thousands of supporters to storm and occupy the US Capitol while a joint session of Congress, presided over by his Vice President Mike Pence, counted the votes of the Electoral College that would formally recognize Biden as the president-elect, has made Trump unique in American history – he is the only sitting president who actively conspired against his own government, in violation of the very Constitution he swore to uphold and defend.
(...)
As important as it is that Trump be penalized for betraying his oath of office, it is even more important that America begins the long, difficult process of healing as a nation. This is best accomplished by allowing Trump to go gently into the night as a man with no political future, rather than turning him into a martyr capable of rallying millions of supporters who remain loyal to his tainted cause and who will actively work to undermine a Biden administration.
https://www.rt.com/op-ed/511920-trum...resident-ever/

Yeah, Trump "actively conspired against his own government" (and he's a horrible "racist" to boot!). Now the nation must unite and heal under Beijing Biden.

Good grief...