Full Thread: I, Tonya
View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2018 #9
steven clark

Default I, Tonya

I did a review on VNN of Gran Torino when it came out. What struck me the most was that it attacked blacks (the sacred negro!), and pretty much worshipped Laotians.
Also, Eastwood plays a man who doesn't give a crap about his children or grandchildren, but becomes a protector of a bunch of gooks. And, I might add, in the movie, aside from a banquet they throw for him of gook food, the girl he protects always dislikes him, and her brother, who Eastwood tries to train in a trade, is a doofus who does't seem to care.
The impression over and over about these Laotians was they didn't WANT his help…but white guy that he is, he keeps being altruistic…win by losing.
At the banquet, he is the only white man there and is uneasy. But he won't move to the subs and be with his family and kids and people who care about him. I think this is b.s.

The message was, whites must die for mud peoples. when Eastwood made the movie, it convinced he was always part of the other side, and how much this was propaganda for our extinction. It was also a sign that Hollywood wasn't being subtle about it anymore. As Pierce said, they raised the volume a little higher on the knob.

I know there was a lot of sleaze about Tonya Harding, and it just reminds me how dysfunctional so many white families have become. Again, my brother was forced by his wife to adopt a girl from Russia. She eventually was raped by a neighbor, became a doper, had a daughter out of wedlock, and can barely hold a job at a gas station, and is always in and out of jail. Really, it must be something in the genes, and that should be a warning about adoption. Also, this monster neighbor was raping her, and my brother and his wife didn't know. Their 12 year old goes next door every day to be with a 35 year old man and they don't know?
But my brother's wife's brother was also a child molester. Oh yeah, also a cop.
You get involved with screwed-up people, they control you; you don't reform them.
Again, so many reviews about I, Tonya, said how funny it was, and that's a statement of what our culture sees as humorous.
I agree with Emily about In Cold Blood. I think Capote rather liked the murderers over the victims, which is a trait of our 'literary' types. Much like Norman Mailer wrote in The White Negro how blacks should be admired for their criminality, and he praised a black kid murdering a white shopkeeper. This was in 1960, so you could see how long this has been building up, and how Jews like Mailer show their real intentions.
Again, though, I liked I, Tonya show something real and about whites, instead of that new Black Panther movie Marvel is pushing.
And, by the way, Rotten Tomatoes has forbidden any negative reviews about it to be posted.