View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2011 #29
Stonewall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Debate on this in a KT thread. I had always heard Lenin coined it in the 1920s. Reading around, I just came across claim that in fact jew Trotsky coined it.

What have you heard?
At the risk of giving you unnecessary additional ammo for your vendetta against Christianity, I think it is necessary to dispel the erroneous attribution of the term "Racism' to Trotsky, Gramsci, Lenin, or any other 20th century figure.

The earliest usage I can find dates from August, 1872. The Holy and Great pan-Orthodox Synod of the Eastern Orthodox church issued a statement on "The Heresy of Racism," wherein it stated:
Quote:
Quote:
"We renounce, censure and condemn racism, that is racial discrimination, ethnic feuds, hatreds and dissensions within the Church of Christ, as contrary to the teaching of the Gospel and the holy canons of our blessed fathers which support the holy Church and the entire Christian world, embellish it and lead it to divine godliness.”
http://www.incommunion.org/2004/12/1...esy-of-racism/

It took the Roman Catholics another 90 years to catch up, with Vatican II. The poor backward Southern Baptists didn't get fully with the program until their 1995 Convention. But they are all aboard the PC train now.