View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2018 #2
Ray Allan

Unfortunately, there is more Spanish, or the bastardized Mexican version of it should I say, being spoken in California today since Whites are now a minority in that state. As well as a sizable amount of Chinese, Korean, and about a hundred other languages. English spoken by natives of western US states generally have a flatter, more non-inflected tone than in other parts of the country as opposed to for example, Southern, Texan, New England, Boston and New York accents. Similar to what you would encounter in different regions and cities of the British Isles. Right there in Germany, you have North German, Bavarian, and other dialects and accents, right? I assume it's that way in California because Americans from all the rest of the country migrated to California in the past, so speech and accents eventually melded into a more monotonous tone over the years. It's the way I speak due to being born in the West, even though my father's side of the family came from Pennsylvania and my mother's were from Georgia, Texas and Oklahoma.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor