View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2005 #13
Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus Epiphanes
Think for a minute about how much space has been giving to teasing Sean Martin. OK, I confess I engaged in it too. But seriously: what did that accomplish?
The fact is as long as I continue to post pro-Christian threads or posts people will be flaming me. I do get a lot of compliments on my ideas concerning family and race through reputation and PM’s. Many who like some of the things I say when I am being serious don’t say so in open because of my controversial nature.

I have been trying to cut down on the flames and keep the posts to actual discussion as of late. However when it comes to the subject of religion, which it is obvious I hold it dear, it is near impossible to not break out into a flame war.

With that being said with freedom comes a price. You must realize your objectives and goals. If you want the board to be used for activism only make stricter rules and you will have about 10% of the posts you have now. If you want free speech and a good alexia rating bite the bullet deal with the flames.

I do believe there should be some moderation and I think the threads on activism, civil forum, home schooling and very important things of that nature should be highly moderated because they are informative and don’t need to be destroyed with arguing.