View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2021 #131
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
'Spoiled, ungrateful millionaires:' Meghan and Harry's Oprah interview divides Britons and Americans

Adela Suliman and Daniel Arkin and Sara Mhaidli and Suzanne Ciechalski and Molly Hunter
Sat, March 20, 2021, 9:30 AM

LONDON — The explosive interview given by Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, gripped millions of viewers in the United States and the United Kingdom alike this month.
(...)
While the self-exiled royals received mostly favorable press coverage and social media commentary in America, in Britain, the couple's confessions were met with more than a dollop of disapproval.

Some U.K. tabloids branded the pair "selfish," "nauseating" and said the interview was harmful to the queen, as they derided the Duke and Duchess of Sussex for going against the traditional British "stiff upper lip" stance to expose personal family matters to the American media mogul Oprah Winfrey.
(...)
"I thought it was very staged and calculated. Most definitely one-sided and targeted."
(...)
"I was disgusted with them. I dislike Meghan intensely and feel sorry for Harry," she said. "It was extremely classless to air their dirty linen in public after all the royal family have done for them."
https://news.yahoo.com/spoiled-ungra...083020454.html