Full Thread: They Live
View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2021 #16
steven clark

Default They Live

To agree with Fico, I'll say what I've said before. When They Live came out, it was perceived as anti-capitalist and anti-corporate...always gotta hit them corporations. A director friend of mine who was Jewish and a communist back during its release loved the film because it attacked capitalism and Reagan.
Yes: They Live is anti-Reagan! So it was seen at the time.

And of course Roddy was 'homeless', and we all knew back then the 'corporations' were making 'millions' of Americans homeless.

People on VNN...the younger ones...must remember that whatever the media and system tried against Trump they also did on Reagan. Reagan was a little more savvy, likable, and had strong support from the Republicans in Congress. Also, his most trusted advisors weren't part of the enemy. No Jared Kushners to be had.

Now we see Jew in They Live, but the best movies succeed when they can offer multiple viewpoints. High Noon was seen as an attack on McCarthyism, but you can also see it as a strike against the SJW mentality, and a general comment on the loneliness of heroism and failure of bourgeois civilization to resist evil.

As for They Live, I like it, but not like all of you do. Roddy Piper is good, but when he and his friend fight, they went on too long with wrestling moves. it got boring and obvious. Also, we once again have the 'best friend who is a black,' but that's Hollywood. Look at Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon and his black buddy.

I thought at times the film too violent. They really wiped out the protestors. I thought the best part of the film was when Roddy cornered one man who seemed to be opposed to the aliens, but actually worked with them. When Roddy collared him, he blubbered and said they were too powerful to take on, and they made it easy for him to get ahead. I kept thinking 'Rush Limbaugh,' and always enjoy that.