View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2017 #430
George Witzgall

The outstanding message ("Great Commandment") of Christianity* is to love thy neighbor [the Other] as thyself.

Note I included "the Other" in brackets. You are not the same as your neighbor (if you were, the commandment would be meaningless); so in a sense your neighbor represents the Other (this interpretation is supported by examining other Christian injunctions, like "love your enemies").

This goes a long way toward explaining our modern-day almost cult-like obsession with diversity in the West. Loving the Other as thyself truly resonates with many of us (myself included).

We are totally fine with non-Westerners asserting Otherness, saying that their people are distinct from all others, and that their heritage belongs to them. We recognize that if folks didn't assert Otherness, they could not explore and express their heritage and identity, and there would be no diversity.

The key point is that asserting Otherness is not the same as Otherism. I like to use the example of Judaism. Jews assert they are a distinct people, different from everyone else, but not better than anyone else.

Now turn the Great Commandment around: Love thyself as thy neighbor. Just as you give your neighbor permission to assert Otherness, you need to give yourself permission to assert Otherness and be Aryan. Because it's only when we Aryans are well-rooted and secure in our own identities that we can fully appreciate and love the Other.

* I also want to include here anyone with whom the "Great Commandment" (or similar sentiments like the Golden Rule) resonates (i.e. most folks, religious or secular); such sentiments are not only to be found in the Bible, but are pretty much universal. That's because societies that didn't express them didn't last long. Note that Aryans don't accept the Bible as a sacred text (you could say our "Bible" is the race-soul itself); we say, leave the Bible to the Jews and become who you are.