Full Thread: Opinions on satanism ?
View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2018 #1
ColdFire
Banned

Default Opinions on satanism ?

The pentagram ( or pentacle ) , in Germany referred to as 'Drudenfuss' , one of the main symbols . .

Symolizing the 'horned hunter of the night' . .

- - - - -

How is this ideology to be evaluated ?

Your opinions?

What I understand 'satanism' is. .

It is a path that embraces the darkness. .

Darkness of thoughts , darkness of deeds. .

Pretty much the opposite of the 'light' path . .

Apart from that , satanism is about the own ego . .

That's pretty much it . .

It isn't really 'worshipping the devil ( of Christian mythology )' . . .

. . nor does it really have anything to do with Lucifer ( 'the light-bringer' ) . .

Satanism is all about the dark side. . .

What's your opinion about it ?

Me personally . . .

'Satanic' philosophies have existed for eons before Christianity was offically introduced . .

. . just that they didn't really have an antithesis at that time . .

Our ancestors often used 'magic' or 'magick' as it is sometimes spelled to gain power . . Power over others etc . .

Which the Church supposedly persecuted during old times , deeming some powers as 'white magic' while others as 'black magic' though . .

The motivation behind it makes the difference . .

I have to say that Christianity , as it is mostly assumed , seems to be the greatest antithesis to satanism . .

Christians are supposed to embrace the light ( by that , showing altruism etc . .)

Concerning the people involved . .

It is a common mistake to believe that Nietzsche represented satanic positions . .

He was an occultist IMO . . In fact he was keen on many ancient religious dogmas ( even Persian Zoroastrianism , as demonstrated by 'Thus Spoke Zarathustra' ) . .

He may not have liked Christianity and was very critical of it yet he surely wasn't a 'satanist' in today' sense . .

Concerning Crowley . .

He had a strange mixture of Luciferianism and Satanism IMO . .

While Luciferians worship the 'light-bringer' ( similar to Prometheus from Greek mythology . .) , like I said , Satanism is the 'dark path' . .

So , maybe also an occultist but IMO he twisted Christian cliche stuff . .

In other words , a 'Satanist' as Christians would view them . .

Dare I say , a cliche-Satanist . .

Concerning LaVey . .

First of all , I know about his 'questionable' origin ( he was half-jew , half-gypsy ) . .

He truly founded the official 'Church Of Satan' . .

He took all he had figured out about 'satanic philosophy' and truly officially established it as a 'religion' . .

If that was a good move ( from a pro-Satanic point of view ) remains questionable . .

So , what's your opinion ?

By the way , this post isn't meant to propagate such a lifestyle , merely wondering where you stand on that particular philosophy of life . .

Cheers

Coldy