View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2019 #2
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

My post here will surprise some on the forum. Yes I drink coffee, and enjoy it and I have contributed to several threads about coffee, always positively.

However some of the downside is known to me, although I usually forget. First...the effects are very different for different people. I never drank coffee until I was 14. I spent the summer helping my father and uncles on a farm building a house and drilling a water well.

My father would boil pots of coffee throughout the long day and I, of course, would drink my share. I never turned back.

I immediately started having severe problems with sleep. How could I not see the correlation? Simple, both my father and mother drank coffee all day and never had any problem with fatigue or sleep. Coffee couldn't be it. It must be something else. These sleep problems persisted all my life, and did I mention, they were severe. Finally, at my wits end, I cut back to two cups (cups, not mugs) a day and the problems seemed to go away.

Sometimes I forget and have a third cup with lunch and I always pay a price.

I bought the book you mentioned and it is quite a good read.

Perhaps the solution is Meden Agan (nothing in excess.) Remember excess is different for everyone. Moderation is different for everyone.

[Ditto...alcohol]

Mike