View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2015 #1
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Default Alex Linder needs corn!

Yet another nasty looking storm bearing down. Sky is downright purple.

All the rain we've had in The Ohio Valley the past 6 weeks has made the corn around here go nuts. It's huge in the fields already. Going to be a bumper crop this year.

Alex has written about his price battles with the radish-rapacious roadside produce-hawkers of Kirksville. As the storm breaks with sheets of torrential rain, it occurs to me that we want him bargaining with these tight-fisted Baptist from a position of strength, so when he's about to get his Silver Queen grub on, he can get bulk prices.

VNNF is an island of true free speech, that most American of values, something that is becoming increasingly important every single day, and is under attack in 2015.

Providing that service isn't free. So I grabbed a card and sent out a couple bucks today. If you believe in the importance of the discussions had here, please consider doing the same.

Donations should be sent to:

ALEX LINDER
POB 101
KIRKSVILLE MO 63501

I've sent well-secured cash to dozens of individuals/organizations through the mail over a 20 year period and have never had a single issue.

I always just use a Christmas/whatever card. Anything you have laying around. Works perfectly. I'll also add that you don't have to use a return address if you choose not to. It will arrive just the same. Totally anonymous.

If you would rather send a M.O. or check, be sure to make it out to ALEX LINDER.

Great simple, zero-hassle way for the lurking readership of the forum to show a little Linder love as well.

Let's get the man some corn.