Full Thread: #1 Golden Dawn Thread
View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2012 #59
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Well, I think all peoples are emotional, it's just buried deeper in the more northerly. Get, say, Germans, a little drunk, or in some kind of overt street politics, they are plenty emotional. In fact, their coldness is almost more to the point. They are more matter of fact about politics when it comes to accepting difference, even difference at the level of willing-to-kill-over. Which I liked, when I discovered it. Whereas in America, we have a more underlying female attitude: everybody has to agree or something's wrong. Germans seem to take it for granted that disagreement even on the deepest stuff is normal. Americans are very uncomfortable when The (artificial) Consensus is departed from, even on small stuff. Golden Dawn, after all, is copying Nazi approaches, not vice versa.
It seems to me that there are a lot more smears and epithets in English than in German, and this makes sense if you see departure from artificial consensus as a terrible thing, rather than irreconcilable division being normal. The latter encourges fighting to resolve differences; the former encourages name-calling and witch-hunting to bring people back into the fold via ritual shaming. I speculate Germanic cultureds are less bothered by name-calling than English cultureds.

Last edited by Alex Linder; May 9th, 2012 at 01:05 AM.