View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2005 #56
Frank Gunn

I've been amused that people are genuinely shocked to find out that his real name was Michael. Something as little as that. In fact, I brought it up just the other day in class, and we spent a good portion of the class talking openly about his fake name, and his fake writings. Of course, I brought up his extensive plagiarism, and the professor actually let the discussion continue. In fact, the prof thanked me and wanted some URL's.

Here is a scholarly link to Mike King's unethical doings (I realize that EVERYONE on VNNF is aware of this, but I assume that the target audience of TAA #4 is wholly uninformed regarding this issue, and hope that this be included in the various articles.)

http://www.stanford.edu/group/King/a...les/palimp.htm

"Our discovery of extensive plagiaries in King's academic papers affected every aspect of our work by raising new questions about the biographical and historical significance..."

"Indeed, we became aware of more and more instances of plagiarism as we extended our inquiry beyond the dissertation, which was the focus of the initial press reports about our work, to the entire body of King's writings and public statements. When our research was published in June 1991 in the Journal of American History, the article made clear that King's plagiarism was a general pattern evident in nearly all of his academic writings."