View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2005 #105
Mr. T.H. Outis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelhaken
Too easy.

You're the only person I know who regards robotic as a term of endearment. You said that's what you liked about prozak, though I can't find it.
What made you think that? In fact I find it a little repulsive. I view Prozak as a kind of well-dressed Mr. Potato-Head of all the loose edgy cult-ideas going around. He has however woven all into a very presentable entity—at least enough to produce some amusingly pointed short essays. Have you ever nosed around his old websites? One website feeds into another, going back to the early 90's. They become more "abstract" as you go along.
Actually, his philosophical construction bothers in the same way that, say, Nietzsche was bothered by other "systematizers". So much is passed over, polished-out in favor of abstract generalities which leave nothing for passion or dialectics of any kind, positive or negative. Our blood thrills to the sound of "Aryan", yet Prozak sticks to "Indo-European". Here & there one glimpses something to be taken seriously, but then one remembers the page is called "ANUS". I have met someone with his basic ideas before—a basically scatological type who emerged from his pot-smoking, Nietzsche-reading days at Uni with a vague idea that he should emulate the yogi and go off into the forest, sit on a couple square feet of grass and not eat or think. The difference is huge, though: that guy never wrote more than his name and wanted to change only his own life, while Prozak is indeed robotically "logical" and weaves out of his idea a "platform". But then again, he has written some fine pieces, for example: http://www.anus.com/zine/articles/mixed-race/. And considering I haven't written a quarter as much, even in my own notebooks, I can only admire him.

I don't have a personal issue with Prozak, needless to say; I simply don't find his manner congenial.