View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2018 #14
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

A child can get into the best of colleges after being home-schooled, just ask Jacob Barnett, he has a PhD in Physics and is only 19.

As long as you follow the rules regarding testing in your State (some have no such rules and some do, many good curriculums to use out there), your kid can go to college much earlier if they are advanced in their abilities. They won't be wasting hours per day on waiting for the teacher to get the other kids under control, dumbing down the lessons for those less able to stay up to grade-level, and all the in-between stuff that eats up their time.

NO WAY do we want these people armed. I'd rather arm the children to fend for themselves, lol!

In seriousness: some teachers would do just fine being armed, others no way. The requirements for becoming a teacher are too low for that level of trust, I can think of several teachers I had as a kid, and ones I worked with as an adult, who in no way should have that kind of power in that kind of setting.

Children should be home-schooled. There is more than the reason of them being physically murdered. There is a 'murder' of the mind and of the spirit that you should keep them away from if at all possible.

An exception are the Waldorf Schools, some of which are quite good, but that would be best when they are a bit older. You don't hear of Waldorf Schools being shot up for good reason.