View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2008 #37
Kievsky

Default reconciling ourselves to our ordinariness

This is a comment regarding Alex's mention on Radio Istina of August 26, 2008. He made an interesting point about the popularity of the "Left Behind" books owing to the failure of ordinary people to reconcile themselves to being ordinary people.

This was the struggle of my teenaged years and early adulthood. I grew up on a toxic brew of Christianity and action movies, and until my early 20's I lived under the burden of thinking I'd have to become some sort of epic hero or my life would turn out to be worthless.

But I was lucky enough to read some classical literature and Lucretius's "On the Nature of Things," and from this I was able to see through the religio-cinematic illusions, and to put together a new model of life.

It's still a somewhat heroic narrative, albeit with humbler means. The problems are VERY REAL, and the need to wage war (in a manner of speaking) is very real.

The way I see it, we are prisoners in a prison system that requires our cooperation. I see the world as divided between varying degrees of contented, sheep-like prisoners and resisting dissidents. It's not a sharp division. I myself am largely a contented prisoner. Most of us are.

The irony of it all is that my work towards becoming a resisting dissident made my life as a "prisoner" of the System much better. Gardening, fiddling with a fiddle group, living by old fashioned family values, were all originally acts of anti-ZOG rebellion. And now I've come full circle and admit to a degree of contentment -- devil take me now! (who got the reference?)

However, this contentment is not necessarily a bad thing. Working to make yourself more independent from ZOG makes you happy! What a concept! And I don't have to be a cinematic hero with puffed out muscles and bandoliers and machine guns, or a phony wigger or any other such show of toughness.

And so if only I could found a new religion, like the racist Paraguayan Mennonites we've been talking about. I see the people on the streets of the town all frantic to be some kind of heroes, dancing to the tune of Hollywood and Madison Avenue. And yet they must know deep down that their "fight" is not a real fight at all. They are only acting out a fake narrative that's been planted in their heads from movies. The real fight is the Molochian US economy that is 70% dependent on consumer spending and screws us over six ways to Sunday and murders people all over the world. The US ZOG Moloch is the real enemy, and we have the ability to fight it, simply by starving it. Now that would be heroic.

So we aren't ordinary. We do have a "mission from God," in a manner of speaking -- "we," being ANYONE who gets a clue that ZOG is a monstrous evil that can be killed via active economic, political and military non-cooperation and boycott.