Full Thread: I, Tonya
View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2018 #4
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
A few months after the 1994 Winter Olympics, I watched a quickie made-for-TV movie called Tonya and Nancy: The Whole Shocking Story or something like that. I thought Tonya Harding was more entertaining as a wrestling manager.
She had a brief boxing 'career' also, and tried her hand at rapping.

Had she not been greedy and dishonest, she actually was the first woman to land a triple axel in American National's, and could've potentially medaled. But the Ladies from all over the world were better skaters. Had Chen Lu done a perfect performance, for example, she could've beaten everyone easily, she had a triple lutz triple toe combo back when that was uncommon, and she was a beautiful skater. Nancy would've had a hard time beating Lu, but Tonya was far beneath Chen Lu, Chiounard, Sato, and many others, even on her best day, because of the overall sloppy quality of the skating, and her being someone who rarely skated clean consistently.

They always rehash her sorry butt right around Olympic time, which is combo funny and disgusting since it's now time to 'feel sorry' for this woman who was a thug, who was caught lying repeatedly. Her not coming clean to all makes her still a thug, she should feel grateful she is out and about.

Boxing and pro wrestling are still a bit too classy for her, she should've stuck to rapping....although Lil Wayne might want to wear knee-guards.