Full Thread: I, Tonya
View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2018 #11
steven clark

Default I, Tonya

Sometimes the book is enough. i read Stephen King's Misery and had no interest in seeing the movie. The book did it all.

I think of Wambaugh's The Onion Field, which showed the criminals as two-bit crooks, and the cop who survived the shooting as psychologically damaged by it...also nice they showed the criminals having no remorse whatsoever about killing an unarmed cop, which is realistic. James Woods played the killer, and he caught the balance just right; a charismatic loser. The movie was very faithful to the book, and Wambaugh had to fight to keep it that way.

As for Olympics, note the recent flag crisis. The top woman was a silver medal winner. The top skater had two golds. He's black. The team votes who will
carry the flag. it was even, and they tossed a coin. She wins, and gest to carry the flag.

Now the black guy complains it was racism, so he was probably a jerk to begin with (maybe they put it to a vote for a reason), and now is revealed as a sore loser and asshole dishing up the usual TNB.

The spirit of Tonya Harding lives on.