View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2020 #23
joeylowsac
RaHoWarrior-SKINHEAD

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola Bijeliti View Post
30,000 kilometers per second is 30,000,000 meters per second.
The acceleration due to gravity is about 10 meters per second per second.
By pulling just one G, it would take just 3,000,000 seconds to reach that speed.
That's just 50,000 minutes.
That's just 833:20 hours.
That's just 34 days, 17 hours, 20 minutes.
That's just a little over a month.
If you cut the acceleration down to one-tenth of that, it would take just 347 days, 5 hours, 20 minutes.
That's about 11 months, 2 weeks.
That's under a year.
It's doable, so long as we have sufficient propulsion.
If you don't see what's wrong with this, I'm not sure I can help you but certainly not in this venue.
There are many things wrong but the most pertinent for this discussion are that you have omitted any calculation of acceleration. Although, for some reason, you cite the nominal acceleration due to gravity but even that is not used. And at any rate your acceleration would not be due to gravity but rather to whatever is going to get you off the planet (e.g., a rocket). Acceleration is not a constant speed such as you are calculating here, constant speed is by definition not acceleration.
Also, you are using 'G' as if it is a unit of speed, distance, time, or something I'm not sure which. But the g-force is not arbitrary, it must be determined from your acceleration and there will be a time aspect (i.e., how long a particular g-force was experienced) since it is a product of acceleration which again is not constant.
You will need the equation I gave you earlier and of course the force needed to accelerate a particular mass is simply F=ma. I would do the math for you if I could imagine what you are proposing. Though I suspect now that you might be considering the problem in an over simplified manner.