Full Thread: I, Tonya
View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2018 #2
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

I, Tonya was garbage, and tanked at the box office, which it deserved.

The woman who played her mom is a good actress, though, did a good job showing the cuckoo quality of the woman.

Tonya wrote down the times and location of Nancy's practice sessions, confirmed by a handwriting expert to be in her handwriting, and threw it in a dumpster where a woman called police and it was retrieved.

To this day she says she 'had no idea where she practiced', a lie.

Yes, her mom was probably an insane bitch, and Tonya inherited every drop of the insane bitch DNA most likely.

Nancy was not only attacked, then put all over media until people got tired of seeing it and blamed her, when all she did was skate and get attacked by a nut. Then media, in all its niceness, attacked her and made fun of her.

The FBI tapes that the Kerrigans listented to show Tonya is a liar, and knew far more than she admits. The first plan was to shoot Nancy with a high powered rifle, and fatboy actually talked them out of that, said all they needed to do was make sure she couldn't skate.

Realize: Eckardt suggests a car crash, even murder by sniper fire, but they other dudes didn't want to do that, they settled on trying to shatter her knee.

That's disucssed here and has been in a couple of the more honest documentaries:
https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ine/866861001/

Horrible.

Fast Forward to them actually letting the insane nut go to the Olympics and represent our country, where she embarassed the USA with her 'my shoe-lace is too short I can't tie it!' fiasco.

She caused Jose Chiounard to have to skate early, which disrupts a skater's equilibrium and give's Tonya the better slot of skating last in group 2. Once again, manipulative bitch gets her way and hurts other people in the process.

Then Oksana Baiul, with her two-footed landings, got the gold. Not Oksana's fault she was just a kid, but it was unfair, as many coaches and judges attested to. And we know from what came out in later years how corrupt the judging often is, since they got called out on it in the pairs competition, having to issue two golds due to the pre plotted cheating in favor of Russians Berezhnaya and Sikharulidze against the Canadian Pairs team, Sale and Pelletier.

Nancy was not just 'pretty': anyone who knows figure skating knows -heck, whether they know the sport or not- that Tonya is a hunched over slob. A triple axel is one jump---that she never did consistently, btw---but she was fat and lazy, smoked cigarettes, and always had a prima-donna 'wardrobe malfunction' at competitions, including the Olympics. One time she had a dress malfunction, another time a 'skate blade broke', etc. She was totally maladjusted, no doubt due to a combo of DNA and upbringing.

BTW: Nancy's dad worked several jobs round the clock so she could skate. Tonya's poverty status doesn't excuse her shit character.

Tonya was a grown woman. Plots to assault your competition should have meant one thing for her: jail.

Good that she lost the ability to coach kids or skate. Her own fault, not her mom's, and sure as hell not Nancy's.

This movie is a whitewash of the kind of person Tonya really is, a woe is me for criminal trash. It's something I hate about 'In Cold Blood' after having really liked the movie, in which I do think the acting is absolutely brilliant, but the idea that people are not responsible for their behavior when grown, and should be given a pass for upbringing, is a point I think is totally fallacious in such films.

They don't like to look at the biological aspect: sometimes all the love and kindness in the world wouldn't change a person. This is why kids like Tonya, taken away from horrid parents, are sometimes just biologically similar to the parent, and not good people, and sometimes not. A very individual thing, varies from family to family, person to person.

Last edited by Emily Henderson; February 8th, 2018 at 01:02 PM.