View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2008 #50
Tomasz Winnicki
White - European - Aryan

Big Victory over the Secrecy Obsessed Canadian Human Rights Commission!
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada states that the
CHRC acted improperly by denying Marc Lemire information

On August 10, 2008, the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada ruled in Marc Lemire’s favour over a Privacy Act complaint and chastised the Canadian Human Rights Commission for improperly withholding information.

This latest refusal by the CHRC is part of a long standing history they have of denying Marc Lemire any information requested under the Privacy Act, or the Access to Information Act. For instance, in 2007, a request was filed to determine the amount of money they paid to Richard Warman for his testimony in three CHRT cases. The CHRC’s response was to say “we neither confirm, nor deny that we have such information” The CHRC’s culture of secrecy and entitlement is one of the most revealing tell tale signs of how corrupt and totalitarian the “Human Rights” Commission extremists have become.

“Under the circumstances, I am of the view that your complaint that the CHRC denied you access to personal information is well-founded and the CHRC has been so informed.”
Joyce McLean, Acting Director General
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (investigations)

Background:

On April 18, 2008, I filed a properly formatted request under the Privacy Act to the Canadian Human Rights Commission. The request stated:

A copy of the TRANSCRIBED transcripts made by the CHRC in my case for the following hearing:
March 25, 2008, Canadian Human Rights Tribunal Hearing. Ottawa, Ontario.
Case: Warman v Lemire. Tribunal No. T1073/5405. [CHRC O&M Project ID: 031961-2]
Transcripts were made at the request of the CHRC via counsel - Margot Blight. (See attached letter)
Would prefer the electronic version of the transcript, and can be sent on CD-ROM. Or in the alternative, a printed version.
(NOTE: THIS IS NOT FOR THE AUDIO RECORDING, BUT ACTUAL TRANSCRIPTS)

On May 15, 2008, the CHRC responded to my request in their typical arrogant and brutish way by stating:

“We have been advised that all the parties have received a copy of the transcript concerning the hearing of the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal hearing No. TI073/5405 Warman vs. Lemire. Therefore, we have considered this matter closed”

This is of course totally untrue. The CHRC actually chose to leak to the media a highly questionable copy of the Transcript, with key portions “missing” from the transcript. (See: CHRC Transcript Irregularities: Explosive testimony by CHRC Investigator Dean Steacy on Richard Warman is missing from Transcript!)

Ezra Levant broke the story, after he had obtained a copy of the Transcript from a friend in the media.

On June 1, 2008, I appealed the CHRC ridiculous claim to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada. After 2 month investigation, the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada ruled that my complaint was “well-founded” and informed the CHRC.

Here are the relevant portions of the letter sent to Marc Lemire:

Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
August 10, 2008
Dear Mr. Lemire:
This letter is to report the results of our investigation of your Privacy Act complaint against the Canadian Human Rights Commission (CHRC). You stated in a letter received in our office on July 8, 2008, that the CHRC failed to grant you access to personal information you sought to obtain under the Act.
Our investigation confirmed that the CHRC received your request for access to your personal information on April 18, 2008. … On May 15, 2008, the CHRC refused you access to the requested information …
… The investigation confirmed that the transcribed transcripts of this hearing was under the control of the CHRC at the time of your request and, as such, the CHRC was required to process it and provide you with your personal information where it exists, subject to exemptions.
Under the circumstances, I am of the view that your complaint that the CHRC denied you access to personal information is well-founded and the CHRC has been so informed….
Section 41 of the Privacy Act provides a right to apply to the Federal Court of Canada for review of the decision of a government institution to refuse to provide access to personal information. (goes on to describe the Federal Court Appeal process, etc)
Yours sincerely,
(signed)
Joyce McLean
Acting Director General
Investigations and Inquiries Branch

Also posted at:------------------
Marc Lemire is a certified computer systems engineer and human rights victim consultant based in Toronto. He is the webmaster of the Freedomsite, which is a resource of freedom oriented material, including the largest archive in Canada of information exposing the ravenous censorship of the Canadian Human Rights Commission. In 2006, Lemire won the "George Orwell Free Speech Award" for his courageous defence of freedom and open debate. In March 2008, the National Post Editorial Board called Lemire a "principled free-speech martyr".

Marc has written three popular books entitled:

·In Defence of Freedom… Marc Lemire Vs. The Canadian ‘Human Rights’ Enforcers”,

·Challenging the Internet Censors” and

·Hate Laws Debunked: Exposing the junk science behind ‘hate’ legislation”.

Currently, Marc Lemire is working on an devastating in-depth analysis of the notorious Section 13, Canada’s draconian internet thought control legislation. This book is scheduled to be released in October, 2008.

It’s time to end the censorship of the extremist Canadian Human Rights Commission!

Stop Section 13 of the Canadian Human Rights Act

We really need your help to continue! Please donate what you can
Marc Lemire
152 Carlton Street
PO Box 92545
Toronto, Ontario
M5A 2K1
Canada