Full Thread: The Rules
View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2010 #42
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
I'm not getting into the Collett thing again except to reiterate that I don't think he's jewish.
The photos I've seen, he doesn't look jewish. I mean, he could be. But if I just saw the photo, I wouldn't think for sure he was.

The larger point, of course, is that opinion doesn't matter when you have facts.

I really am starting to think a lot of posters don't realize there is a difference between objective evidence and subjective opinion.

The ultimate example of this is Denton. He sounds sane enough when you read him. Then you slowly realize, hey...wtf...how does this clown know all these women on the arms of white men are jews? Oh - he can spot them. Then you reread it and you realize, holy christ, this crank thinks that basically every female with a white man who doesn't look like Eva Braun is a jew.

I'll tell you what, there are several roads this forum WILL NOT go down, and that kind of crankery is very definitely one of them. I will admit, that was the first time we have had a genuine crank on here, a good old-fashioned English crank. The immediate reason for the rule was too many Amerimorons were using jew as a general epithet, or maliciously accusing others of being a jew for disagreeing with them, or outwitting them in some way. Low-character nobs abound in every venue, even here, unfortunately. So we elevated our standards and put a glass ceiling of factuosity between us and the gibbering plonkers of malice. Underneath which they stew in the fetid broth of their overheated, overrated opinions.

Last edited by Alex Linder; August 16th, 2010 at 05:01 AM.