View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2018 #30
Jeffrey Smither

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola Bijeliti View Post
He worked for many other companies after he left NASA, and in many industries, not just aerospace. Then, around the beginning of the new millennium, almost out of the blue, he could not find work. It's a difficult mental adjustment to go from being an engineer to being a burger flipper if engineering is the only work you have ever done. I've been at the top and at the bottom multiple times, and it requires a completely different mindset to do minimum-wage jobs compared to high-level work.
I work a job that's just above min wage and I have a college degree. In my area of Floriduh that's all there is unless you're in healthcare. All old worst generation fucks around here. that's why I'm opening a small retail business soon at the flea market. I technically do own it. Got my tax permit from the state today in the mail. I just have to wait a couple more months until they have their summer rates which are cheaper and get my product. Even then I figure if I don't make enough doing that it would still look good on a resume for a real job that I owned and managed something.