View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2005 #81
varg

good job ron/ironguard/sa mann

http://www.dailypress.com/news/loca...ews-local-final

Whites-only paper hits NN lawns

Some city residents are angered by the distribution of a white-supremacist publication.

by justin walden

October 28, 2005
NEWPORT NEWS -- Barbara Tippit didn't like what landed on her lawn Thursday morning.

Someone doing masonry work on her Hidenwood property brought her a copy of The Aryan Alternative, a white-supremacist publication delivered to at least two Newport News neighborhoods.

Tippit is blind, so a neighbor read her some articles. "It's pure filth," she said. "I'm so infuriated by the whole thing."

The 16-page tabloid was delivered in Hidenwood and Meredith Woods either late Wednesday or early Thursday. Police spokesman Lou Thurston said one person complained to the Police Department.

The paper is published in Kirksville, Mo. A local resident should have distributed about 1,100 copies in Newport News, said Glenn Miller, the paper's main distributor. It was the publication's third edition. Miller said the fourth would come out in December and would be delivered in Newport News. He said he tried to target white people in middle- to upper-class neighborhoods. "We don't force our newspaper on anybody," he said.

The paper briefly mentions the January slaying of James City County teenager Brittany Binger.

Several Newport News residents said Thursday they couldn't get rid of the paper fast enough.

"I was just flabbergasted, and so were many of my neighbors," Tippit said. "They slandered as many people as they could slander."

Kathy Webster of Meredith Woods said she picked up the paper, quickly realized what it was and decided to throw it away.

"This is horrible," Webster said.

"I looked at the headlines and thought, 'What in the world ?' "