View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2022 #227
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
DAN WOOTTON: I find it unimaginable that Meghan Markle would travel the length of the US for a tacky photo opportunity at the sight of the Uvalde school shooting but refuse to see her stroke-stricken dad a couple of hours away

By DAN WOOTTON FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 17:49 BST, 30 May 2022 | UPDATED: 17:49 BST, 30 May 2022

Family comes before anything else for me.

So, like many others, I find it unimaginable that Meghan Markle the length of the country for a tacky photo opportunity at the site of the Uvalde school shooting, possibly with Netflix reality show cameras in tow, but not drive three-and-a-half hours down the road to see her stricken dad in hospital, who is recovering from a life-threatening stroke that has cruelly stolen his speech.

The briefing and counter briefing that has emerged in the last 24 hours about the Duchess of Sussex trying to reconcile with her dad on the condition her brother and sister are left out of any reunion is as disingenuous as it is nonsensical.
(...)
More so, Thomas, who is 77-years-old and has a history of serious heart problems, is most likely only alive today because he was on the phone to his wheelchair-bound daughter Samantha when the stroke began and she hastily called for an ambulance to rush him to the hospital.
(...)

Meghan Markle, the wife of Britain's Prince Harry, places flowers as she mourns at a makeshift memorial outside Uvalde County Courthouse in Uvalde, Texas, on May 26, 2022
(...)
Thomas's phone number has never changed; he’s kept his original digits partly because he lives in hope that one day his daughter will end the estrangement before his death, which he openly predicts will come in the next three years.

So she could have texted her father direct, who is still able to write. She hasn’t.

She could have driven to the hospital or got a flight to Thomas’s home in Mexico, where he is now recuperating. She hasn't.

The suspicion from the Markles is that the story was a pre-jubilee publicity stunt designed to stop the British public, many of whom have their own reasons to dislike Meghan after her criticism of the Royal Family, booing her at the Jubilee.

Thomas’s daughter Samantha told me earlier today she believes it is unconscionable for her half-sister to travel to the UK if she doesn’t see her dad first.

Meghan Markle is pictured outside Uvalde County Courthouse in Uvalde, Texas, on May 26, 2022. She was seen laying flowers at a memorial for the 21 victims of the school shooting
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...N-WOOTTON.html