Full Thread: Habemus Fuckin' Papam
View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2019 #5
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola Bijeliti View Post
I regard Francis as an anti-pope.

The Catholic church was once a great European institution, but, given that the word "catholic" means "universal" in Greek, it's not hard to see why it didn't remain that way.
Christianity did start out as a very eurocentric religion in the germanic world . . .

Like I said , Germanic medieval Christians believed Jesus to have been European-looking ,often even depicted like a medieval Germanic with reddish-blonde long hair and wild beard.

May Jesus have been what he might have been concerning phenotype , the belief about his looks made Christianity very eurocentric in the beginning . . . The alledged 'body of christ' . .

Early Christians in the Germanic world were often very racist . . race-mixing was not tolerated. Darker races were viewed as 'devils' quite often.

But . . christianity changed its course over a period of time.

And . . concerning the word 'catholic' . . Yes , it means 'all-encompassing' but the fact that the European church started 'looking outside' only came with a period of time.

I suppose in the beginning it merely meant a certain world , the word 'catholic' . .

Quote:
Now, if you're talking about the ship El Francisco Papa, the fastest ship in the world, that's a great ship!

You can take El Francisco Papa from Buenos Aires to Montevideo and, right outside the terminal in Montevideo, see the rangefinder and anchor recovered from the Admiral Graf Spee, the German warship that fought in the Battle of the Rio de la Plata, the first naval battle of the Second World War.

Admiral Graf Spee
I suppose 'El Francisco Papa' is 'much faster on its way' than 'Papa Francesco'

Hmmm . . maybe it can even think faster