View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2014 #9
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Fable View Post
I was thinking the same thing myself. Although it is hard to get hold of information if the sole source of that information is from the Bradford Taliban & Argus. When I was active leafleting, people would pass on news about a race attack, assaults the local media and police had ignored. One needs to be active in the community, pounding the pavement and listening to residents because very little gets reported otherwise.
Twitter can be a good source of local information - whilst it's often just eyewitness accounts from various people and no "official" news source, if you get half a dozen people claiming they all saw the same thing then you at least have a solid enough ground to begin a post/article with "Several allegations have been made.....". Someone could even set up a "Bradford Newshound" or the like Twitter account, retweet local stories, ask for verification of rumours, eye witnesses etc. Once that account gets known, the account holder would likely find local people falling over themselves to pass on links/ stories.