View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2011 #36
Jez North
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Apleece View Post
Yeah.

Nauseated/nauseous is another one. If you're nauseous you are causing someone to feel nauseated.
Oh thank you! The number of Americans and now Britons who get this wrong is excruciatingly annoying. Can you believe that I actually had an English teacher who "corrected" me when I wrote nauseated in an essay? She crossed it out with a red pen and wrote nauseous!

Nauseous is causing nausea not feeling it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Lee View Post
True, and the most obvious example is the word "gay". I won't use the term in referring to faggots. There's also the symbol of the rainbow which has been hijacked by both faggots and race-mixers to represent their respective degeneracies.
I too, won't use gay to mean homosexual. It is an absolute outrage that that word now has homosexual as the number one definition in dictionaries. It means happy, cheerful and bright and nothing more. Hell, I won't even use the word queer since that's been taken over too. Queer means strange or ill, not homosexual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Lee View Post
A guy I went to school with in elementary school back in the late 60s was named "Gay" -- I think it was probably short for something, Gaylon maybe. But at the time the word "gay" hadn't come into popular usage as a synonym for faggotry. I lost track of that guy, I don't know what he did with that. Maybe changed his name. I can't imagine a guy going through life with that name. It conjures up thoughts about that Johnny Cash song about the man who knew he wouldn't be around to raise his son, so he named him "Sue" so that he'd either be tough or die.
It's also (or at least used to be) a girl's name. A few middle-aged and elderly women are still called Gay and their variants such as Gaynor but there won't be any more now I'd imagine.

Homosexuality isn't gay.