View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2017 #13
Alex Linder
Administrator

[great example of typical column, written entirely from female POV, as though men don't exist except as sort of animated handbags for women; and then the comments - which show you legal realities for actual 'good men.']

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/opi...ticle36365252/

JC PennyStock
2 days ago

I was almost 40. Married 15 years with three kids. Successful business owner. Nice cars and nice house. Vacations. Volunteered as a coach, and our household revolved around kids' activities. Proud that my wife was able to stay home with the kids (her desire as well).

Then suddenly....Armageddon.

Wife met single dad at kids' school. Apparently, he had an 'aura' or something. They carried on for months - I, of course, was clueless.

When the hammer finally hit my head and all was out in the open, I was in for an even greater shock that I could have ever imagined.

Kicked out of my dream house. Ordered to pay wife half a million...either by taking a loan or selling the business. Ordered to pay a combination of alimony and child support that left me in a basement apartment. And the worst part? Paying 10s of 1000s to a lawyer whose advice summed up as "Suck it up, sunshine. That's our laws. Doesn't matter what she did....you pay. And pay".

Why would any sane man get married?