View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2009 #4
Joe_J.
Radio active

Default Bing: 'There will be layoffs'

Hybrid nigger mayor of Detroit:

Quote:
Detroit -- Mayor Dave Bing today said the city is in financial peril and that drastic measures such as eliminating city departments and layoffs must be made soon to stem the tide.
Bing said that his administration is working to make tough choices to avoid bankruptcy and the specter of receivership at the hands of the state.
"The city has a cash flow problem that we've got to solve short term," Bing said today to reporters at a news conference at an event for ARISE Detroit! "I would say in the second quarter of this fiscal year based on the numbers I've been looking at, we will be running at a deficit again."[typical nigger short term thinking]

Bing said that "there are things that absolutely have to happen, like now, to keep us from falling into that trap. And I intend to move that forward."
Measures such as layoffs are coming, the mayor warned amid contentious union negotiations. Union leaders are protesting what they contend are draconian measures. "There will be layoffs. There's absolutely no doubt about that," Bing said. "There's no way around it."
The mayor said he's got internal and external teams that are studying "those departments that absolutely are a necessity in the city."
"You'd like to keep all the departments, but that's unrealistic," he said. "So I don't want to be very specific in terms of which departments that we either will merge or cut out altogether."
Bing said a decision on the department mergers and eliminations would happen in about 30 days.
http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...ll-be-layoffs-