View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2012 #64
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
We are called "racist" and "bigot" because we have a history of oppressing other races and cultures.

Europeans wiped out entire civilizations! You know, North American, South American, and Australian natives... Whites destroyed their cultures.

And my goodness, have you never heard of imperialism?
I spent years on that guilt trip. Years. Then I realised - why should I feel guilty for "debts" "owed" by people long gone? I hear tales of woe from 13 year old "4th generation holocaust survivors" and I think wtf? Do I get any sympathy for being a 2nd generation "Normandy survivor"? No, because there's no such thing and nor should there be.

I live in England. We constantly repay our "debts" for what our ancestors supposedly did. Here's a few images of the debts being paid.

Out of respect for her, I won't link to the picture of the elderly lady who found herself in worse circumstances.

My country's media tells me white people did this.

When faced with evidence like this:

my country's social workers tell me that it's because they're underprivileged. I live in - according to Wiki - one of the top 20 towns in England for deprivation. It's also 98% white. We had no riots. My town's police reported one (1) 999 incident over the entire week of the riots - and that was a food fight in Mcdonalds. Could you use your social construction to explain this?

This is from 11 years ago - another set of riots and a different ethnicity involved.

This, I am assured, is not racist but coincidence.

This is the punishment for carrying the flag of the UK through the streets of the UK.

This gentleman lived in an England town where white people had been told not to be on the streets after 7.30pm. This is his punishment for disobeying. And the 11-year-ago riots? Those happened as a result of Asians disliking police presence and questioning after this happened.

This is an ongoing compilation of young girls groomed for sex by older men. All those men have one thing in common - they are all muslims. Two more rings have been smashed in the past week that have not yet been added.

Let me ask you something. Have you heard of Stephen Lawrence? Or Damilola Taylor? Of course you have - even from the other side of the world, you know those names and what happened to them.

Have you heard of Kriss Donald? No? Gavin Hopley? No? Charlene Downes? I wonder why.

When is the debt for "imperialism" cleared? When will my country be free of this? You call me and others "racists" and "bigots" for not wanting this? You would imply that it's in my imagination that the above incidents happened and almost exclusively involved gangs of the same ethnicity?