View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2009 #44
Hadding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
No, he's anti-jew and it's real.
His criticism seemed to be more of Judaism than of Jews as biological entities. You get the same sociological anti-Judaism from H.G. Wells and some other leftists. It's very convenient for people who are themselves of Jewish extraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder
He's a gray area. Parts of him are horrible, parts of him are solid.
Everybody has faults that have to be overlooked sometimes, but in White's case you are talking about somebody who is compulsively dishonest and manipulative, and does whatever he has to do, says whatever he has to say, to force the center of attention onto himself. Dishonesty is the worst character flaw, and it's especially hard to overlook that in somebody who insists on dominating.

Quote:
I barely remember it except, geez Kev, do you really have to atom-bomb me? Can't you just call me a useless sihthead? Do you really have to try to kill me off with the ultimate sanction? I felt sorry for him, in a way. There has to be a better way to fight than that, and him with all those brains and can't figure it out.
I agree that the whole matter was ridiculous on both sides, but the dispute would have been easier to resolve if it weren't being played out as an internet drama, and of course Bill White is the King of Internet Drama. I wasn't paying enough attention to internet at the time to say that White was responsible for the way events proceeded, but it seems likely that he encouraged it.

Quote:
No, I believe his evolution was real. People who are fake or looking to sell out don't act the way he did. At every stage of his evolution he took real risks, and was involved in real activity - none of it was just virtual, safe and indoors.
Frank Collin took real risks too. You can suppose that he was sincere on some level too, but he was a Jewish screwball. Bill White now is saying that his activities were "satire"; I think that undermines your sincerity argument.

Quote:
Well, that makes it sounds like I was pursuing it, but I really wasn't.
I think it was Fred's idea, and it was a good idea. Bill White's involvement I am pretty sure set off alarms for others.

Quote:
Well, I don't think it's humanly possible for Bill not to exacerbate a situation....
You are conceding my point, and you are saying is that to some extent it doesn't even matter if Bill White is sincere, because the tendency to generate strife is rooted in his personality.

Last edited by Hadding; December 15th, 2009 at 10:32 AM.