Full Thread: #1 Canada Thread
View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2014 #8
Alex Linder
Administrator

Reply to York University Student Paper's Query: What Will You Do for Students?

Divyesh Mistry,
Executive Editor,
Excalibur Newspaper,
YORK UNIVERSITY

Dear Mr. Mistry:

I am attaching my transportation programme. I shall try to answerr your specific questions briefly.

1. Why should students vote for you?: "I am the only candidate with a coherent transportation plan to fight traffic gridlock. Part of that plan is to lobby the federal government to impose a five year moratorium on all immigration. the major cause of traffic gridlock in the GTA is mass immigration. However, with 1.5-million Canadiabns out of work and another 900,000 involuntarily in temporary jobs, there is no justifiable reason for any immigration. Immigration blights the future of students hitting the job market and our own vulnerable people. It suppresses wages. It is unfair to many newcomers who do not find the opportunities for which they'd hoped.

2. How would you ease the commutes of post-secondary students going to school and work? I would make fighting traffic gridlock my major priority. It involves co-operation by three levels of government.

3. What are your plans for to decrease youth unemployment, especially for new grads? I would press the federal government for a five year moratorium on all immigration or until we achieve full employment (usually considered an unemployment rate of 2 per cent)> Many recent grads have faced high levels of unemployment and stagnant wages. This situation is exacerbated by endless floods of newcomers. I would forbid the use of job stealing temporary foreign workers by the City of Mississauga or any company supplying it with goods and services. Jobs must go to Canadians first!

Paul Fromm
Candidate for
MAYOR