View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2021 #176
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Garrett View Post
looks like you paulie, now all you need is a matching doll that resembles that fat gipsy female you hang around with
I don't see the don't see the resemblance. Paul looks like a typical white man, the women that he dates are good-looking, and his vacation spots are beautiful.

Anyway, back to the topic:

Quote:
Are you calling us dumb? Proud Scots defend Dumbarton after Harry & Meghan reject royal title for their son

Chris Sweeney is an author and columnist who has written for newspapers such as The Times, Daily Express, The Sun and Daily Record, along with several international-selling magazines.

25 Jun, 2021 17:46

In another PR blunder, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are reported to have turned down the Earl of Dumbarton title for son Archie, because he’d be teased by Americans. And Dumbarton’s locals aren’t happy, as RT found out.

The Scots are proud people. I should know, I’m one of them.

Scotland is a small nation, which is in the unusual situation of being beholden to the British Parliament in Westminster, even though it has its own devolved administration in the capital, Edinburgh.

However, small does not mean passive, as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have discovered following their reported decision to reject the title Earl of Dumbarton for their son, Archie. This is apparently because it contains the world ‘dumb’, which could be used to bully him in the US, where the family live.

Yes, really.

As you might expect, the news has not gone down well in Dumbarton. Most readers outside of the UK will never have heard of it. But allow me to paint you a picture of a blue-collar town located in the west of Scotland that oozes history and spirit and which 17,000 people are happy to call home.

It was there, in 1305, that William Wallace (who Mel Gibson played in ‘Braveheart’) spent one of his final nights before beginning a 17-day journey in chains through England. Ultimately, he was hung until almost dead through strangulation; revived; emasculated; then his intestines and other internal organs were drawn from his body before being burned.

His body was quartered and Wallace’s head was put on a spike at London Bridge. However, his warrior spirit lives on among Dumbarton’s locals.
https://www.rt.com/op-ed/527629-dumb...-meghan-title/