VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 13th, 2020 #1
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

Default SpaceX Demo-2 Crew Members Enter Preflight Quarantine

SpaceX Demo-2 Crew Members Enter Preflight Quarantine

Quote:
NASA astronauts Robert Behnken and Douglas Hurley entered quarantine Wednesday, May 13, in preparation for their upcoming flight to the International Space Station on NASA’s SpaceX Demo-2 mission. They’ll lift off aboard a SpaceX Crew Dragon spacecraft carried by the company’s Falcon 9 rocket two weeks later at 4:33 pm Eastern Wednesday, May 27, from the agency’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

Health stabilization procedures were introduced for the Apollo program, in which NASA astronauts left low-Earth orbit to journey to the Moon, and have continued through the shuttle and International Space Station programs.

Behnken and Hurley will remain in quarantine after their arrival at Kennedy on May 20. Liftoff from Kennedy’s historic Launch Pad 39A is targeted for May 27 at 4:33 p.m. EDT.
All these ideas…are chained to the existence of men, to who[m]…they owe their existence. Precisely in this case the preservation of these definite races and men is the precondition for the existence of these ideas. --Adolf Hitler

Old May 14th, 2020 #2
Ray Allan

It's the first time since 2011 when the Shuttle program ended that NASA astronauts will lift off from u.s. soil, so this is a significant event.

The SpaceX suits and interior of Crew Dragon look like something from 2001: A Space Odyssey, which was obviously intentional.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old May 14th, 2020 #3
Garrick Fenstad
Banned

why ain't those motherfuckerz social distancing like the rest of us? and where's there fuckin' face MASKS!!!!!!!!!

Old May 14th, 2020 #4
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
It's the first time since 2011 when the Shuttle program ended that NASA astronauts will lift off from u.s. soil, so this is a significant event.

The SpaceX suits and interior of Crew Dragon look like something from 2001: A Space Odyssey, which was obviously intentional.
It's a couple of decades late for that. There were eight manned space flights in 2001. Why didn't they use those suits then?

When you and I were kids, 2001 represented the bright but far off future that awaited us, but now it's ancient history. I still like the movie, though.
All these ideas…are chained to the existence of men, to who[m]…they owe their existence. Precisely in this case the preservation of these definite races and men is the precondition for the existence of these ideas. --Adolf Hitler

Old May 15th, 2020 #5
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola Bijeliti View Post
It's a couple of decades late for that. There were eight manned space flights in 2001. Why didn't they use those suits then?

When you and I were kids, 2001 represented the bright but far off future that awaited us, but now it's ancient history. I still like the movie, though.
Yeah, it sucks how after Apollo, manned spaceflight never went past low Earth orbit. Nobody in the 1960s would have foreseen that. Hopefully I will live long enough to see humans walk on Mars, which should have happened in the 1980s. I don't see humans venturing to Jupiter much before 2060. Arthur C. Clarke did write a sequel to 2001 called 2061.

Old May 15th, 2020 #6
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

Quote:
Yeah, it sucks how after Apollo, manned spaceflight never went past low Earth orbit. Nobody in the 1960s would have foreseen that. Hopefully I will live long enough to see humans walk on Mars, which should have happened in the 1980s. I don't see humans venturing to Jupiter much before 2060. Arthur C. Clarke did write a sequel to 2001 called 2061.
He actually wrote three sequels: 2010: Odyssey Two, 2061: Odyssey Three, and 3001: The Final Odyssey. I watched the movie versions of 2001 and 2010, I read the print version of 2061, and I listened to an abridged audio version of 3001, all in the year 2000. An interesting curiosity about the movie 2010 is that, in the movie, the Soviet Union still exists, and there are cosmonauts wearing hammer-and-sickle flag patches on their spacesuits.

Old May 17th, 2020 #7
Ray Allan

I hope they broadcast the Demo-2 launch on regular TV and not just SpaceX's YouTube channel. I'm sure the commentary from modern reporters will be idiotic, unless they use the NASA PAO commentary. It still doesn't compare to Jack King, the "Voice of Apollo" back in the day for those of us old enough to remember.

Old May 20th, 2020 #8
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

Default Demo-2 Crew Arrives at Launch Site

Demo-2 Crew Arrives at Launch Site

Quote:
NASA astronauts Robert Behnken, left, and Douglas Hurley speak to members of the media after arriving at the Launch and Landing Facility at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center ahead of SpaceX’s Demo-2 mission, Wednesday, May 20, 2020, in Florida. NASA’s SpaceX Demo-2 mission is the first launch with astronauts of the SpaceX Crew Dragon spacecraft and Falcon 9 rocket to the International Space Station as part of the agency’s Commercial Crew Program. The flight test will serve as an end-to-end demonstration of SpaceX’s crew transportation system. Behnken and Hurley are scheduled to launch at 4:33 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, May 27, from Launch Complex 39A at the Kennedy Space Center.

Old May 21st, 2020 #9
Ray Allan

Doug Hurley flew on the very last Space Shuttle mission, STS-135 in 2011. This flight will also be the first American crew consisting of only two men since the second Shuttle flight, STS-2 back in 1981 with the ill-fated Columbia. If Demo-2's launch has to be scrubbed for any reason on May 27th, there is another window open for May 30.

Old May 22nd, 2020 #10
Ray Allan

Discovery Channel and the Science Channel will broadcast the launch live on Wednesday, May 27 starting at 2 PM Eastern Time/11 AM Pacific Time. I don't know why Katy Perry will be on the show, though. I hope the coverage is at least halfway intelligent and not dumbed down to the level of a 12 year-old.

The mission I am really looking forward to is Artemis 1, set to launch sometime in late 2021 which will be the first flight of NASA's Space Launch System rocket, and will send the first all-up Orion capsule on an unmanned flight around the Moon. The first manned mission, Artemis 2, is scheduled for 2022. Hard to believe I was 10 years old the last time people went to the Moon on Apollo 17 in 1972. When Artemis 2 flies, I will be 60.

https://corporate.discovery.com/disc...early-9-years/

Last edited by Ray Allan; May 22nd, 2020 at 03:12 AM.

Old May 25th, 2020 #11
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

Default Crew Dragon Launch Day Timeline: From Suit up to Docking with the ISS

Here is the timeline for launch day:

Old May 26th, 2020 #12
Crowe

Quote:
Discovery Channel and the Science Channel will broadcast the launch live on Wednesday, May 27 starting at 2 PM Eastern Time/11 AM Pacific Time. I don't know why Katy Perry will be on the show, though. I hope the coverage is at least halfway intelligent and not dumbed down to the level of a 12 year-old.

The mission I am really looking forward to is Artemis 1, set to launch sometime in late 2021 which will be the first flight of NASA's Space Launch System rocket, and will send the first all-up Orion capsule on an unmanned flight around the Moon. The first manned mission, Artemis 2, is scheduled for 2022. Hard to believe I was 10 years old the last time people went to the Moon on Apollo 17 in 1972. When Artemis 2 flies, I will be 60.

https://corporate.discovery.com/disc...early-9-years/
Artemis 1 will be a flying shitbox, mark my words. They're going to have to go back to the drawing board on that one, and in the mean time they'll go back to using Soyuz to reach the ISS. Or maybe they'll just give up on space all together? NASA is weighted down by diversity, and no longer possesses the excellence it had when they put men on the moon in 69. All this new technology they got just adds up to more things that can fuck up and botch a mission, especially when it was engineered by H1B dots. A simple coding error or bug in the programming can botch the mission, and kill everyone on board.

Old May 26th, 2020 #13
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
Artemis 1 will be a flying shitbox, mark my words. They're going to have to go back to the drawing board on that one, and in the mean time they'll go back to using Soyuz to reach the ISS. Or maybe they'll just give up on space all together? NASA is weighted down by diversity, and no longer possesses the excellence it had when they put men on the moon in 69. All this new technology they got just adds up to more things that can fuck up and botch a mission, especially when it was engineered by H1B dots. A simple coding error or bug in the programming can botch the mission, and kill everyone on board.
That seemed to be the case with Boeing's CST-100 Starliner capsule on its unmanned test flight last December. The onboard timer was screwed up, misfired the rockets and it got stuck in the wrong orbit, unable to reach ISS. Now they will have to re-fly the mission before they risk putting a crew aboard that thing. You're right, Apollo was a better, more reliable vehicle with 1960s technology because it was designed by White men, not H1B dotheads and apefirmative action hires. Well, Demo-1, the Dragon's unmanned flight to ISS last year and the launch abort and parachute tests went fine, so it should work in case these guys have a problem tomorrow.

Old May 26th, 2020 #14
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

Default Crew Dragon Launch Day from Astronaut's Point of View

Here is a video of launch day from the astronauts point of view:

Old May 27th, 2020 #15
Tony Boone

They look like Star Wars characters with those cheesy costumes.

I sure wouldn’t want to be riding on that rocket. I have a feeling it won’t go well.

Old May 27th, 2020 #16
Dawn Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Boone View Post

I sure wouldn’t want to be riding on that rocket. I have a feeling it won’t go well.
Especially with the stuff Elon musk has been coming out with lately

Old May 27th, 2020 #17
T.Garrett
Banned

Cool aerospace industry lost the edge

Back during the late 20th and early 21st century, Wall Street kikes and kike alikes decimated the US aerospace industry for profit while NASA was hollowed out by political hacks and lost the edge the organization once held in space.

Today, they cant produce any novel designs for the military ...has anyone else noticed that all pentagon requests for funding are for upgrades of old aircraft, even their '21st century bomber' the B-21 is nothing more than an upgraded B-2.

Remember the assloads of different aircraft white America produced from the 1940's - 1990's ...these revolutionary designs and the space program that landed man on the moon were the product of generations of advances in technology in Europe and the US, where do we see a process like this going on today?

Not in the US.

Today's US spacecraft look like they came off a Boeing civilian 737 production line, the designs don't look robust enough to be used as space vehicles with their lightweight construction. In spite of all the problems that even an amateur spaceman like myself sees here I give these two white astronauts all the credit in the world to hop a ride on this fucking contraption to LEO and wish 'em godspeed and a safe flight there and back home!

Last edited by T.Garrett; May 27th, 2020 at 07:42 AM.

Old May 27th, 2020 #18
Dawn Cannon

Quote:
Discovery Channel and the Science Channel will broadcast the launch live on Wednesday, May 27 starting at 2 PM Eastern Time/11 AM Pacific Time. I don't know why Katy Perry will be on the show, though.
Some sort of satanic ritual, I expect.

Old May 27th, 2020 #19
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Cannon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Boone View Post
Between the SpaceX Dragon and the Boeing Starliner, the Dragon has had far fewer problems. If I were an astronaut, I'd rather be flying on the Dragon than on the Starliner.

Old May 27th, 2020 #20
Dawn Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola Bijeliti View Post
Between the SpaceX Dragon and the Boeing Starliner, the Dragon has had far fewer problems. If I were an astronaut, I'd rather be flying on the Dragon than on the Starliner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Cannon View Post
His comments on the plandemic, etc.

Thread