Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 11th, 2019 #1
Ray Allan

Default British V-2 - How the UK Almost Won the Space Race

Technically, it was Germany that won the space race. On October 3, 1942, in one of its first test launches from Peenemuende, an A-4 (V-2) rocket went up to 50 miles in altitude, which is the edge of space. Had the Germans won WW2, they would have sent the first man into space.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old October 11th, 2019 #2
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

It's completely arbitrary, but someone who I guess had the authority decided that space starts at 100,000 meters, about 62 miles. This is fairly recent and I think it was so they could officially designate someone as an astronaut.

Mike

Old October 11th, 2019 #3
Hugh Akston
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
British V-2 - How the UK Almost Won the Space Race
In this early 1960's sci-fi movie, the British did make it to the Moon first, and left their flag for later expeditions to find:

*And in one sense the British did make it the Moon first, since it was an Anglo-Saxon country that finally achieved that goal. (with the help of some Nazi technology, of course)

Old October 11th, 2019 #4
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Denver View Post
It's completely arbitrary, but someone who I guess had the authority decided that space starts at 100,000 meters, about 62 miles. This is fairly recent and I think it was so they could officially designate someone as an astronaut.

Mike
One hundred kilometers, or 62 miles, known as the Kármán line, it the altitude at which an aircraft's stall speed is greater than it's orbital velocity. In other words, it is the altitude at which you have to be in orbit in order to fly. Fifty miles is the altitude of the top of the stratosphere.
All these ideas…are chained to the existence of men, to who[m]…they owe their existence. Precisely in this case the preservation of these definite races and men is the precondition for the existence of these ideas. --Adolf Hitler

Thread