VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old April 28th, 2005 #1
Agis
biocultural Realpolitik

Default Targets of Opportunity Reporting

Targets of Opportunity Reporting (TOR) is a tactic we can use to 'scoop' the major networks and help establish the credibility of our network within the propasphere. The more credible we become, the less credible the system press becomes. The higher our market share, the lower their market share -- until we gain the upperhand.

TOR is simple enough:

1. Choose your target - These could be recent crime victims (or family members), police detectives, politicians, org-spokesmen, anyone who comes to mind -- even an 'anonymous man on the street' would do in some instances.

2. Get the telephone number - Think of yourself as a member of the press. Your job is to get the story and to ask pertinent questions. This means digging, footwork and putting your foot in the door.

3. Do the Interview - Introduce yourself as a reporter for Vanguard News Network and ask them if they'd mind saying a few words on tape. If they agree, continue with the interview. You'd be surprised how many people will say something. Most are flattered by attention.

4. Send us the mpg3 data - Once you've collected the raw data send the material via e-mail. The data can then be edited and broadcast.

---

Old April 28th, 2005 #2
White Will
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agis
Targets of Opportunity Reporting (TOR) is a tactic we can use to 'scoop' the major networks and help establish the credibility of our network within the propasphere. The more credible we become, the less credible the system press becomes. The higher our market share, the lower their market share -- until we gain the upperhand.

TOR is simple enough:

1. Choose your target - These could be recent crime victims (or family members), police detectives, politicians, org-spokesmen, anyone who comes to mind -- even an 'anonymous man on the street' would do in some instances.

2. Get the telephone number - Think of yourself as a member of the press. Your job is to get the story and to ask pertinent questions. This means digging, footwork and putting your foot in the door.

3. Do the Interview - Introduce yourself as a reporter for Vanguard News Network and ask them if they'd mind saying a few words on tape. If they agree, continue with the interview. You'd be surprised how many people will say something. Most are flattered by attention.

4. Send us the mpg3 data - Once you've collected the raw data send the material via e-mail. The data can then be edited and broadcast.

---
Great suggestion, Agis, but what is Jaysus's name is "mpg3 data?" You technical types sure do take a lot for granted sometimes expecting everyone to understand esoteric computer jargon. There are plenty of excellent activists with the backbone to do what you suggest here, but who don't even have computers, much less understand computerese. We need to get them and your type together a little better than we have.

Old April 28th, 2005 #3
Agis
biocultural Realpolitik

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Will
Great suggestion, Agis, but what is Jaysus's name is "mpg3 data?" You technical types sure do take a lot for granted sometimes expecting everyone to understand esoteric computer jargon. There are plenty of excellent activists with the backbone to do what you suggest here, but who don't even have computers, much less understand computerese. We need to get them and your type together a little better than we have.
Mp(e)g3 is an audio data format. Recorders, such as this one:

http://www.mp3-wma-recorder.com/

save audio into mpeg3 automatically. This type of recording software together with skype's telecommunication capability would be enough to get a VNN reporter started.

Old April 28th, 2005 #4
Rounder

Agis, I only managed to listen to small bits of the broadcast due to my older diaup computer, but I'm mighty impressed with what I heard. You, Chain, and Alex all sounded highly professional, articulate, and effective, to me. Thanks for your efforts.

I sent Alex a $100 donation for the Radio Project, and though I'm even less computer-savy than White Will, I'll help in anyway I can. Just let me know how.

Old April 28th, 2005 #5
Stan Sikorski
Returned

I can also accept cassettes, video tapes, etc. Any way you can get.

Old May 18th, 2005 #6
Chain

We could use a feminine voice on Vanguard Radio. I am going to ask April of NSM to consider coming on. Her IQ is in the top 1% percentile of the population. She is verbal and sharp as a tack. Perhaps she could sometimes specifically telephone White female rape victims and ask them if they now feel any differently about the mud races' [gentics] who assaulted them.

Or April could talk on another show's specific format. April is a friend of mine, and I think she'd do great. She is shown here in black on the far right. She is the one shown with Jeff Schoep at the Chicago courthouse when the two of them were in the large party acompanying Matt to the trademark case, and Matt was originally surprise arrested at the metal detectors.

April may say no. If you are a bright, verbal female and you think you'd like to get involved on Vanguard Radio, please contact us.

Thread