VNN Broadcasts

Old July 8th, 2007 #1
Wagner

Default Missing Goyfire #19-21

It seems that the GoyFire archives contains a few mistaken files:
* GoyFire#19 is actually the same as Goyfire#27
* GoyFire#20 is the same as GoyFire#28
* GoyFire#21 is the same as GoyFire#29

I've downloaded the episodes from here: http://vanguardnewsnetwork.com/downl...ire/index.html

and if you listen to the first 2 minutes of #19-#21 they confirm that the shows are actually #27-29. Can someone verify this and post the correct versions?

Thanks!

-Wagner

Old July 9th, 2007 #2
Agis
biocultural Realpolitik

Thanks for the heads' up Wagner. Stan is responsible for keeping that page updated and glitch-free. He pops in every couple of weeks. I'll send him a link to this thread via PM.

Old July 10th, 2007 #3
Agis
biocultural Realpolitik

GF19-21 were overplayed on the root directory. If a Goyfire listener could put up GF19, GF20 and GF21, I'll fix it. Normally I'd have a copy, but my ipod recently blew up.

http://www.putfile.com/

Old July 10th, 2007 #4
Chain

What are the hits for Goyfire? Even if this not revealed publically, I'd sure like to know. The question is not for you, Agis. I know that you have been trying to find out as well. For a while, as I understood it, Stan didn't know and said that Geoff knew..then I thought Stan said that there was, after all, a way for him to look it up-- but he never did so, despite our having politely requested it many times over. Stan had also said earlier several times that he'd "meant to" and "forgotten to" ask Geoff. Maybe Stan knew Geoff would not be comfortable letting us know our numbers and Stan didn't want to rock the boat with his friendship with Geoff.

I don't think it's a state secret or anything. I mean to say, as I got it-- even Alex didn't know or hadn't heard himself for a long time. I may be wrong, but from memory, it seems like the last time we heard (privately-- not for the board in general, that is) was something like 4 to 6 moths ago-- probably closer to 4+ or 5 months. I think all requests have tacitly been denied. It had always been-- before these past few months-- a lot of fun to share the info between Stan, Agis, Alex and me in pre and post show discussions. I miss that. That went out the window when the info became exclusively the domain of Geoff. Very early on he was helpful, but that was for a realtively brief while in comparison to the total time he was at VNN. I have heard the odd person both in and out of admin state that GF is still the most popular of all VNN shows, so it is good to hear that basic tidbit of information. I know that podblanc has been able to mirror or independently host Goyfire, and that's a good thing too. I can certainly see the hits there. There's a counter on the public Goyfire player, at least on number 52. But obviously, VNN has the higher numbers and longer hosting.

I don't prefer to bring Geoff's name up, cause I don't want to make him feel that he has to come back and make a reply. I had told Geoff in a friendly way early on that his moderation was poor but that TTIND was absolutely outstanding. He could not tolerate this man to man criticism, and tossed out the working relationship on that basis. (When I followed up the friendly advice with more pointed, public moderation criticism was when he freaked.. Longtime activists were being tossed even as highly disruptive antis remained). He also cryptically and bizarrely told Agis early on--right out of left field with a catcher's mitt that he (Geoff) "wasn't going to lose"-- but that wasn't about moderation...it was [oddly!] seemingly about the matter of VNN in its totality!

Old July 10th, 2007 #5
Gleiwitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agis View Post
GF19-21 were overplayed on the root directory. If a Goyfire listener could put up GF19, GF20 and GF21, I'll fix it. Normally I'd have a copy, but my ipod recently blew up.
I'm uploading them as I speak. I'll send you a PM with the link.

Old July 10th, 2007 #6
Chain

Thx, Gleiwitz. Thx for joining on June 1st, too. Maybe you're one of the many mystery Goyfire hits we can't get the numbers on.

Old July 10th, 2007 #7
Chain

Message to Theseus sent via Skype just about 2 minutes ago:

[7:57:09 PM] craig_cobb says: Last I heard even Alex has not for some time been told the hits for Goyfire. Details of how Geoff and Stan failed for months to tell us (the three Goyfire guys...as Alex was not told either, for a kong time, as I recall). If you are the main tech now, could you ask Alex if you can tell Agis and me--and even himself (I guess he might be a litttle interested to know) hown the Goyfire hits have fared for the last 5 or 6 months?
http://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=575913&postcount=4

Oh yeah, and happy birthday for the 4th, Theseus. I had meant to wish you on the 4th and somehow missed.

Old July 10th, 2007 #8
Dietrich
out surfing. won't be back

Whoever handles the feedburner account for GF has the best handle on the numbers. In fact, feedburner recently opened up their "for pay" service of advanced stats to their free accounts.

I could pull them off the back end of the server, but we're talking about the difference between reams of server logs in txt vs nice and pretty charts/graphs by Feedburner.

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/20...rner-give.html

Whomever handles the Goyfire feed, please get with me. I've been wanting to bring you up to speed on some things that will make posting goyfires easier and more automatic all-around. Also, we can put our heads together to get some stats for the GF participants. Thanks.

Old July 11th, 2007 #9
Agis
biocultural Realpolitik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleiwitz View Post
I'm uploading them as I speak. I'll send you a PM with the link.
A big thanks to Gleiwitz for the super fast response. The corrected files will be up within the hour.

GoyFire #21
Paris Burns, San Fran Gun Grab, TJB, TNB

GoyFire #20
Glenn "Rounder" Miller is interviewed about his TAA distros and taking on the Rogers, Arkansas police -- Prussian Blue on ABC -- TNB -- TJB -- Listener E-Mail. 2 hours of non-stop Goyfire... can You dig it !?

GoyFire #19
Byron Jost discusses Tom Tancredo's intimidation tactics. Chain goes on a 7,000 mile velocified odyessy with the Aryan Alternative.

Old July 11th, 2007 #10
Wagner

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agis View Post
A big thanks to Gleiwitz for the super fast response. The corrected files will be up within the hour.
Thank you very much Gleiwitz and Agis! I've listened to the first two minutes of each and verified that Goyfire#19-21 are A-OK. ;-) Now to put them on the 'pod.

Thanks again!

-Wagner

Thread