Old October 15th, 2007 #21
Agis
biocultural Realpolitik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
According to "whois," Stan owns it. I'll PM Stan to let him know that
goyfire.com is broken.

-Wagner
Yeah, it looks like the buck stops with Stan as he is listed on the whois. I PMed him about two weeks ago directing him to this thread, so I don't know what his problem is, unless he is sore Alex kicked him off as a mod.

Not only are we losing hundreds of hits from youtube-branded vids, but we are losing e-mail too; i.e.: [email protected].

GoyFire is an absolute classic, and all the pantywaists ruling the roost at VNN forum, can't change that. Stan needs to contact me if he isn't capable or willing to maintain it properly.

Old October 15th, 2007 #22
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agis View Post
Yeah, it looks like the buck stops with Stan as he is listed on the whois. I PMed him about two weeks ago directing him to this thread, so I don't know what his problem is, unless he is sore Alex kicked him off as a mod.

Not only are we losing hundreds of hits from youtube-branded vids, but we are losing e-mail too; i.e.: [email protected].

GoyFire is an absolute classic, and all the pantywaists ruling the roost at VNN forum, can't change that. Stan needs to contact me if he isn't capable or willing to maintain it properly.

I have no idea what is going on with/about Goyfire behind the scenes. I'm just a listener.

But for the reason above alone those involved should work to resolve the matter with all due haste.

It's like a baited hook with no reel.

Old October 15th, 2007 #23
Stan Sikorski
Returned

Fuckin WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Now that I got that outta my system, yeah I still own the domain but the hosting is turned off. Couldn't afford the $14.95 a month to keep it on and have to go to the domain company to change the record to point it to the vnn archive... that is as soon as i can remember and/or find the login info for it. I'll try to get it done today and all will be as one in the omniverse.

It's not that I don't consider it important, I just have this nasty habit of other things getting in the way. Oh, and I'm having more fun than ever NOT being a mod.

Old October 15th, 2007 #24
Dietrich
out surfing. won't be back

Quote:
Yeah, it looks like the buck stops with Stan as he is listed on the whois.
Yeah, good job. Non-apology accepted. What'd you learn?

Quote:
I PMed him about two weeks ago directing him to this thread, so I don't know what his problem is, unless he is sore Alex kicked him off as a mod.

GoyFire is an absolute classic, and all the pantywaists
Pantywaists? Odd, I was thinking it was more feminine to throw a toy-throwing tantrum, crescendoing with the realization that, even though it was posted in a back-water of the forum (a sub-sub forum), the "powers that be" (the NEW BOARD ORDER if you will) aren't jumping through hoops. You obviously do this to yourself on purpose. Some introspection might help with that.

Quote:
ruling the roost at VNN forum, can't change that. Stan needs to contact me if he isn't capable or willing to maintain it properly.
Chain's lunanoia is rubbing off on you. Nobody's trying to "hurt goyfire." Everyone likes goyfire, some despite the fact that you're a participant (you don't sound like as much of an asswipe). Anything you can say about Stan, I can say about you, and worse. Indeed, we all know that I've been asking you to log into skype and contact me so we can standardize the feedburner feed for goyfire with the rest of our feeds, and so that I can show you how to enable the stats module since Cobb keeps asking me about goyfire downloads, and blaming me because I haven't given him any WHEN YOU FUCKING HAVE THEM. That request has been unanswered for months. And you complain that people won't jump for you?

To take the limp-wristed swipe at Stan that he's sour in any way because he's not a mod would seem to be below even you, Agis. Alas, it is not. But no, he's not like yourself. Stan and I hardly ever cross paths, but he's as helpful as ever if VNN needs something from him. He's a team-player, loyal to Alex and VNN, and is quite obviously 100% for the race. His overall level of effort in helping VNN was utterly unaffected by his not being a mod. I think about myself (which is easy because I am egotistic, right? ) and I'm pretty sure I would at least take a couple of weeks away if I were let go, but not Stan. Stan didn't skip a beat. His next FTL Monday was one of his best.

And lastly, the egotist thing. Amazing, since it seems you guys pay more attention to my details than I do. Chain is utterly fascinated at the fact that I was born on Jul. 4. Agis "doesn't believe I am who I say I am." Why would I lie about who I am? Don't you think I'd make up a better one than still being in grad. school at 31? No, I'm rather open about who I am, to a fault perhaps. But none of that matters--assume I'm a Mexican female whose birthday is jul 3rd--does it change the fact that literally every time you come to this forum to niggerwhine about my performance, it ends up being your fault once we get to the bottom of what you're on about?

Old October 15th, 2007 #25
Agis
biocultural Realpolitik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Sikorski View Post
I'll try to get it done today and all will be as one in the omniverse.

It's not that I don't consider it important, I just have this nasty habit of other things getting in the way.
Good news. Sounds like the problem will be resolved shortly.

Huzzah!

Old October 18th, 2007 #26
Agis
biocultural Realpolitik

Quote:
I'll try to get it done today...
Still not redirecting. Any update on the situation?

Old October 18th, 2007 #27
Rounder

Like I've been saying, there needs to be a big sign on govnn.com main page saying: "Click Here For White Talk Radio". Then when guests click that on, they'll see the list of archived radio broadcasts, along with topics and names of hosts, and they'll select one to click on and listen to.

As I understand it, only a limited number of people (200 or so at a time) can tune in to our live radio broadcasts. But there's no limit at all to how many can tune in to either one of our archived radio broadcasts.

Am I correct ??

Old October 18th, 2007 #28
Wagner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounder View Post

As I understand it, only a limited number of people (200 or so at a time) can tune in to our live radio broadcasts. But there's no limit at all to how many can tune in to either one of our archived radio broadcasts.

Am I correct ??
I'm not sure about the live broadcast capacity but you are correct in your
understanding that there is no restriction in the number of people who
can download the archived shows.

-Wagner

Old October 18th, 2007 #29
Agis
biocultural Realpolitik

Quote:
I still own the domain but the hosting is turned off. Couldn't afford the $14.95 a month to keep it on and have to go to the domain company to change the record to point it to the vnn archive... that is as soon as i can remember and/or find the login info for it. I'll try to get it done today...
Come to think of it, goyfire.com has always been a redirect to the goyfire archives page. It was never hosted as a separate site. Domain parking costs $9.99 a year.

http://www.sskiweb.com/ -- seems to be working just fine.

Old October 18th, 2007 #30
Agis
biocultural Realpolitik

Quote:
Like I've been saying, there needs to be a big sign on govnn.com main page saying: "Click Here For White Talk Radio". Then when guests click that on, they'll see the list of archived radio broadcasts, along with topics and names of hosts, and they'll select one to click on and listen to.

Am I correct ??
This is correct. Once the show is archived it can be downloaded at will. The only restriction is bandwidth but there is a lot of it to burn. We've probably had over a million downloads of GoyFire by now.

Old October 19th, 2007 #31
Dietrich

Woodpecker

Quote:
This is correct. Once the show is archived it can be downloaded at will. The only restriction is bandwidth but there is a lot of it to burn. We've probably had over a million downloads of GoyFire by now.
Oh. Wow. OK. Man, I've been arguing with you for the past couple of days and I couldn't figure out where you were coming from. Now I see that you're wholly delusional. Dude, I'm sorry for having given you a rough time. :[

Have a blessed day.

Old October 19th, 2007 #32
Agis
biocultural Realpolitik

Quote:
Come to think of it, goyfire.com has always been a redirect to the goyfire archives page. It was never hosted as a separate site. Domain parking costs $9.99 a year.

Registrant:
Sski Information Technologies
128 Hamburg Ave.
Egg Harbor City, NJ 08215
US

Domain name: SSKIWEB.COM

Administrative Contact:
Sikorski, Stan Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by DomainTools.com
128 Hamburg Ave.
US
Technical Contact:
OpenSRS Technical Contact, NIC Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by DomainTools.com
816-10 Bay St.
Toronto, ON M5J2R8
CA
+1.4169577400 Fax: +1.4169577401

Registration Service Provider:
SoftCom Technology Consulting Inc., Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by DomainTools.com
+1 (416) 957-7400
+1 (416) 957-7405 (fax)
http://softcom.biz
Please visit http://myhosting.com or http://services.mail2web.com for
support with domain logins/passwords, DNS/Name Server changes, renewals
and general inquiries.

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 05-Feb-2007.
Record expires on 04-Mar-2012.
Record created on 04-Mar-2004.

Domain servers in listed order:
NS5.SOFTCOMCA.COM
NS6.SOFTCOMCA.COM

Domain status: ok

----------

Registrant:
Sski Information Technologies
128 Hamburg Ave.
US

Domain name: GOYFIRE.COM

Administrative Contact:
Sikorski, Stan Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by DomainTools.com
128 Hamburg Ave.
US
+1.6099655555
Technical Contact:
OpenSRS Technical Contact, NIC Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by DomainTools.com
310-10 Bay St.
Toronto, ON M5J2R8
CA
+1.4169577400 Fax: +1.4169577401

Registration Service Provider:
SoftCom Technology Consulting Inc., Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by DomainTools.com
+1 (416) 957-7400
+1 (416) 957-7405 (fax)
http://softcom.biz
Please visit http://myhosting.com or http://services.mail2web.com for
support with domain logins/passwords, DNS/Name Server changes, renewals
and general inquiries.

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 18-Sep-2007.
Record expires on 09-Oct-2008.
Record created on 09-Oct-2005.

Domain servers in listed order:
NS.SOFTCOMCA.COM
NS2.SOFTCOMCA.COM

Domain status: ok
---

Old October 19th, 2007 #33
Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
I'm not sure about the live broadcast capacity but you are correct in your
understanding that there is no restriction in the number of people who
can download the archived shows.

-Wagner
Excellent. Thanks. Now we need a freakin big sign on main page saying: "Click Here For White Talk Radio".

Where's Do Tricks, the boy wonder when we need him ??

Old October 19th, 2007 #34
Rounder

Quote:
I understand it's easy to install a meter-guage on websites that'll count the number of hits, and post the running total number.

Whatcha think our chances are of convincing Do Tricks to install one ?? About like that of a flea crawling up an elephants ass with rape on his mind ???

Old October 19th, 2007 #35
Dietrich

Quote:
I understand it's easy to install a meter-guage on websites that'll count the number of hits, and post the running total number.

Whatcha think our chances are of convincing Do Tricks to install one ?? About like that of a flea crawling up an elephants ass with rape on his mind ???
Actually, Agnis is the only person that has access to the counter for goyfire unless he changes his feedburner settings to allow external xml-rpc requests. The funny part is that he and Chain regularly bitch about how I won't give them the stats. The really funny part is that I've been asking Agnis for perhaps 5 months now to have a ten-minute conversation on Skype so that I can get the information to synchronize the GF feedburner feed to the rest of VNN's feeds, and yet he will not. Like yourself, he's pretty much wrong about everything. Always. Every time. Damn.

Now go try to rattle off another one of your 60-IQ redneckisms so you can explain that one to yourself, too.

You can do it!

Old October 20th, 2007 #36
Agis
biocultural Realpolitik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do Tricks View Post
Actually, Agnis is the only person that has access to the counter for goyfire unless he changes his feedburner settings to allow external xml-rpc requests. The funny part is that he and Chain regularly bitch about how I won't give them the stats.
Feedburner only counts what goes through the feedburner feed. Goyfire has non-feedburner feeds and a lot of direct traffic that is not registered at feedburner. The definitive answer to the incoming traffic is in the server logs. A real simple operation for anyone except for Do Tricks. Beck always seemed to have detailed information too that he wasn't privy on sharing, so I suppose you are just following in your mentor's footsteps.

Old October 20th, 2007 #37
Stan Sikorski
Returned

Quote:

Goyfire DID have hosting, at 14.95 a month, with a redirect script residing on the index page. Behind the scenes on the sever was a backup of every GF made so that VNN had an archive in case of catastrophic loss. Now if VNN needs them, I have all the GF's backed up to CD.

I am waiting for OpenSRS/Tucows to receive my letter confirming my identity and requesting my login information. No way to do it electronically as the record for the GoyFire domain contains an old, dead email addy. I can't change what I can't see, and they won't let me see it without going through the motions.

Yeah, sskiweb works just fine. The point of you posting the domain record escapes me though. Although it is public on the web, was it really neccesary to post it on here? Now some niggers who live at that 2 times dead address will be atacked by antis in the night and us wyat supremmmisssisss will get the blame for it. I hope you're happy.

Seriously, I have to wait for them. At least I'm not dealing with NetSol. They take forever.

Old October 20th, 2007 #38
Dietrich

Quote:
The definitive answer to the incoming traffic is in the server logs. A real simple operation for anyone except for Do Tricks. Beck always seemed to have detailed information too that he wasn't privy on sharing, so I suppose you are just following in your mentor's footsteps.
Agis, the log file is a ~50 megabytes of text that is generated per day. I'm seriously asking you now--do you understand what that means? Do you know how many pages of text 50mb represents? There are other problems with the current ISP's generation and storage of said files I won't get into now, but that should be enough to demonstrate that there needs to be another way to count goyfire downloads.

So, rather than parsing hundreds of thousands of pages of raw text, couting how many times a goyfire download occurs (counting the millions, you know ), how else could this be done? Like this:
Quote:
FeedBurner Stats PRO
PRO is feed analytics taken to the next level. You will now have access to the number of people who have viewed or clicked individual content items in your feed and “Reach,” which estimates the daily number of subscribers who interacted with your feed content. You can turn this on by signing in to your account, navigating to the Analyze tab and heading to the FeedBurner Stats PRO section. Click the "Item Views" checkbox to activate these PRO features.
Feedburner creates charts and graphs of all types of information concerning your feed, not just raw hits. For instance, you can see how many people do direct downloads versus getting it over the feed. You can also see what browsers they're using, how many downloads were canceled, what days of the week were most popular, and more in their analytics section.

Quote:
Feedburner only counts what goes through the feedburner feed. Goyfire has non-feedburner feeds and a lot of direct traffic that is not registered at feedburner.
Wrong as always. Once properly set up, all goyfire links will register on Feedburner when downloaded, all seamlessly transparent to the user.

In review:

The goal: goyfire stats

Your method:
Requires me to parse tens of thousands of pages of text, looking and counting goyfire downloads.

Approximate time taken: many hours

Yields: a raw number, inaccurate from human error.

Major roadblock: Time cost. Also, I've never actually been asked nicely. You've been an ass about it and pretty much everything else from the beginning.

My method:
Requires you to have a 5-10 minute Skype conversation so I can step you through enabling some features of the feedburner feed.

Approximate time taken: 30 minutes total, from Skype call to implementation of changes in our code.

Yields: color charts and graphs, professional analytics.

Major roadblock: You're stubborn and you can't admit that you're beaten, so you'd rather call me names and continue digging yourself deeper down in the retard hole. I eagerly await your next breathtakingly-stupid response as you continue to refuse to help me help you.

Hugs and kisses,

-Dietrich

Old October 20th, 2007 #39
Mike Jahn
Banned

You guys keep it up because I guarantee that SteveB has never had more fun: Do Tricks Vs. Agnis

Old November 6th, 2007 #40
Agis
biocultural Realpolitik

Still not resolved.

Thread