Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 20th, 2014 #161
Jae Manzel

Default Single Mom Spends Night in Jail After Cop Accuses Her of Committing a ‘Felony’ During Simple Traffic Stop… Except She Didn’t

Quote:
A Florida woman spent the night in jail after a Broward County sheriff’s deputy accused her of committing a “felony” by audio recording their conversation during a simple traffic stop. Upon review, all charges against her were dropped — but now the Broward Sheriff’s Office (BSO) is facing a lawsuit.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...ept-she-didnt/

Old March 12th, 2014 #162
Alex Linder
Administrator

Violence and Cowardice in the Same Package: How Efficient!
William Norman Grigg

As a patrol officer in Minneapolis, Michael Griffin is paid at least $60,000 a year, but he is much more expensive to the city’s tax victims than his salary alone would suggest. Two lawsuits filed against Griffin for crimes committed off-duty will cost more than $400,000.

Last month, the city council approved a $140,000 payout for attorney fees in the case of Ibrahim Regai, who was punched and kicked by Griffin following an incident in a bar. Griffin, who was off-duty, took offense at something Regai said, followed him to another club, beat him to the ground, called another cop, and charged the victim with assaulting an officer. The charge was dropped after video evidence demonstrated that Griffin lied about the incident.

In a second episode, Griffin got into an argument at a bar with three men. After they left, Griffin called another officer to the scene to detain them. Griffin assaulted two of the men, knocking one of them unconscious then picking him up and kicking him in the face. The victim, Jeremy Axel, suffered a concussion and had to have several teeth replaced.

Despite losing the subsequent lawsuit, Griffin is still on the force, and hasn’t faced criminal charges. This is typical of Minneapolis, which has made nearly 100 payouts totaling $14 million for police misconduct since 2006.

As is the case nearly everywhere else, police in Minneapolis have a tendency toward “privileged” criminal violence while off-duty. Former Minneapolis Police Sgt. David Clifford was recently sent to prison after being convicted of first-degree assault in an unprovoked attack on a 40-year-old man.

The victim in the June 2012 attack, Brian Vander Lee, is a father of four who employed in the productive sector. He was talking on a cell phone when Clifford confronted him at a table outside a bar and grill. The SWAT operator, who took offense over something Vander Lee had said, hit him with a punch to the head that knocked him to the ground. As a result of falling head-first onto a concrete surface, the victim suffered trauma so intense that it required two brain surgeries and 40 hours on life support.

The heroic SWAT operator who sucker-punched the unarmed and puzzled victim – and then, displaying the valor for which his profession is celebrated, ran away — insisted that he acted in “self-defense.” Last July he was sentenced to at least twenty-five months in prison.

Although Minneapolis police are bold as Achilles in their dealings with unarmed, non-threatening bar and restaurant patrons, they are much more reserved when dealing with violent criminals. Rafael Lopez was robbed and severely beaten by a gang of at least 10 men on the street outside the Aqua nightclub in Minneapolis — less than ten yards away from the 1st Police Precinct station.

Bruised and bloodied, Lopez attempted to enter the station to file a complaint, only to be met by Officer Aaron Hanson, who angrily told him to leave. As Lopez tried to explain what had just happened to him, two of Hanson’s comrades “came out, put their gloves on and were yelling at me, telling me to get out,” he later recalled.

Lopez had tried to help a friend named Josh Rivera, who was beaten even more severely than he had been. Desperate for assistance, Rivera’s wife Magdalena called 911 A few minutes later – long after he could have provided any help – Officer Hanson ambled outside. After Magdalena described what had happened to her husband and their friend, the officer blithely explained “that he didn’t need to deal with this because it happens all the time,” she testified in an official complaint. Without offering to call an ambulance, or even asking if anybody had been seriously hurt, Hanson quickly retreated into the station and locked the door behind him. It was “literally 10 seconds and he was already going back inside,” Magdalena observes.

Later that morning, Lopez went back to the station to file an incident report.

“He figured police surveillance cameras on the street and at the police station captured the assault,” related the St. Paul Pioneer-Press. “He hoped the videos would lead to the identity of the assailants, whom he suspected were members of a gang because they were all wearing white and red shirts. It turned out he wasted his time.”

A few days after the September 2, 2011 assault, the Minneapolis PD dispatched an official notice to Lopez informing him that “this case does not meet our threshold for investigative assignment at the present time.”

The gallant men of the Minneapolis PD couldn’t be bothered to investigate a violent gang rampage that took place less than thirty feet from a precinct station – in full view of the department’s surveillance cameras. But they can be counted on to mulct the productive citizenry on behalf of the municipal government that pays them, and whose subsidized insurance indemnifies the victims of criminal acts committed by law enforcement officers when they’re off the clock.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...how-efficient/

Old March 15th, 2014 #163
Jae Manzel

Default Cop Shoots 70-yr-old Vietnam Veteran in the Stomach for Reaching for Cane

http://filmingcops.com/cop-shoots-70...hing-for-cane/

SOUTH CAROLINA — A disturbing dashcam video has surfaced showing a cop open fire on a disabled veteran at a traffic stop.

Bobby Canipe, 70, was pulled over because his registration tags were expired.

He peacefully began an attempt to greet the officer.
Because he cannot walk without assistance, he reached for his cane as he always does.

The officer saw him reaching for the cane and immediately began yelling at Bobby.

In just seconds, the officer opened fire on Bobby with a hail of bullets.

The officer claims he thought Bobby “had a gun.”

Even if he did have a gun, do officers have the right to gun down Americans for exercising their 2nd

amendment rights?

Clearly Bobby was not pointing his cane at the officer as if to threaten him. In fact it appears in the video that he was pressing it to the ground in order to walk.

If it were a rifle, pointing a rifle down at the ground is not a “threat” that requires being blasted with gunfire

He was simply using his cane to walk.

After shooting Bobby in the stomach, the officer realized that it was a cane, not a gun.

He then ran over to Bobby’s collapsed body and radioed for medical assistance.

All of this could have been prevented if cops would stop being trained to be fearful and trigger happy.
Again, even if Bobby did have a rifle, it would be his right to have it, and the officer would be unjustified in gunning him down.

According to reports, this is the ninth officer-involved shooting so far in South Carolina, in just three months.

Officer Knox has been placed on administrative leave while the shooting is investigated.

Old April 11th, 2014 #164
Alex Linder
Administrator

[pigs are chettin' it up in states around colorado]

Idaho trooper’s video camera yields details in license-plate profiling case
Betsy Z. Russell The Spokesman-Review

BOISE – Video of a traffic stop shows an Idaho State Police trooper pulling behind a pickup truck with Colorado license plates as soon as he sees it.

The trooper then follows the truck into the “Welcome to Idaho” rest stop, where the lawman begins to press the 69-year-old driver to allow a search for drugs.

The hard-rock radio station that the trooper was listening to provides a soundtrack for the encounter that has spawned a federal lawsuit.

When the trooper first sees Darien Roseen’s truck, the radio is blaring the Scorpions’ “No One Like You.”

“Why’d you pull in here so rapidly?” Trooper Justin Klitch asks Roseen in the Jan. 25 dash-cam video.

“Uh, I had to go to the bathroom,” Roseen responds.

“You didn’t have to go to the bathroom before you saw me,” the officer says, to which Roseen responds, “That’s true – no, I did have to.”

“I’m telling you, you pulled in here to avoid me, that’s exactly what you did,” the trooper says. “I mean, you almost hit the curb, you almost ran off the road. You definitely didn’t want me around you for some reason. … Why are your eyes glassy today?”

The video, obtained by The Spokesman-Review, provides detail into what Roseen alleges is license plate profiling of Colorado drivers now that their state has legalized marijuana.

The traffic stop led to hours of detainment and a fruitless search of the truck that yielded nothing illegal. Roseen also has a Washington driver’s license because the former Weyerhaeuser executive owns homes in both states.

Washington also has legalized marijuana production and use. Idaho has not.

The ISP said in a statement last week that it is conducting an internal investigation.

“We would like to assure the citizens of Idaho and the visitors to our state that the Idaho State Police holds all of its employees to a high standard which includes following the Constitution of the United States and the laws and constitution of the State of Idaho,” the agency said.

In the video, the trooper asks Roseen, “When is the last time you used any marijuana, sir?” Roseen responds, “I have not used marijuana in my entire life.” The trooper says, “No? OK. Do you mind if I search your vehicle?” Roseen says, “Well, yeah, if I have a choice, I can say no, I don’t want you to search it.”

The officer then asks him, “Why are you so worried about me if you’re not violating any laws of the state or this country – why are you so concerned about me?” Roseen responds, “Because I want to get on the road and just get home.”

The officer then tells him, “OK, well, I’m telling you with what I’m seeing today, that is not going to happen. Because I believe that you have something in this vehicle that you shouldn’t have. … You’re obviously nervous about whatever it is.  … I am going to find whatever it is, I can assure you of that.”

The trooper persuades Roseen to begin unloading the bed of his truck, which contains art supplies and gifts from his daughter’s baby shower, from which he’s returning, and to open a compartment underneath the bed that he knows is a feature of the Honda Ridgeline.

Roseen complies, and Klitch asks him, “Why do I smell marijuana coming out of there, sir?”

“You don’t,” Roseen responds. “Well, take a smell,” the trooper says. The older man leans in toward the compartment, sniffs, and retorts, “Nothing of the sort.”

“I’m going to be looking through everything in here because of that odor,” Klitch says, to which Roseen responds, “I don’t even know what you’re smelling.”

The trooper says, “I’ve got to be real honest with you, sir, with that odor I smell, I got a right to search the whole vehicle. I’ve got probable cause.”

Hours later, after the truck has been driven by another officer to the Payette, Idaho, jail and searched without result, the video records Roseen, as he’s released, thanking Klitch for not planting anything in his vehicle.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...ds-details-in/

Old April 13th, 2014 #165
Alex Linder
Administrator

DEA Raided This Woman's House After She Shopped At A Garden Store

Angela Kirking never thought shopping for garden supplies would lead to agents from the Drug Enforcement Administration waking her up with guns drawn, but that's what happened last October.

"I bought a bottle of organic fertilizer, a 16-ounce bottle," said Kirking, a 46-year-old face-paint artist. "Three weeks later I was raided by DEA."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...usaolp00000592

Last edited by Alex Linder; April 13th, 2014 at 02:43 PM.

Old May 1st, 2014 #166
Alex Linder
Administrator

[what's the opposite of caricature? whatever that is is the way to describe what actually goes on in copworld in relation to the spoof the SPOOF SuperTroopers - yet decidedly less funny in one way]

Police Batons, Like Tasers, are only “Non-Lethal” When Used to Kill Mundanes
William Norman Grigg

“My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we’ll put them on the ground, take the gun away, and then decide whether you have a right to carry it,” promised Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn several years ago after Wisconsin Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen issued a statement recognizing that residents of the state have a right to carry firearms openly.

One of Chief Flynn’s “troops” shot and killed a man yesterday (April 30) after beating the victim with a baton for refusing a pat-down. The victim, who appears to have been homeless, was already on the ground when the emissary of the Milwaukee PD arrived. Bear in mind that Flynn’s department is among the most corrupt and abusive in the country, and that other “troops” under Flynn’s command have conducted “pat-down” searches that escalated to strip-searches and digital invasions of intimate anatomy by the officers. Any resident of Milwaukee who encounters a cop has a rational fear of sexual assault, which makes resisting a pat-down an act of reasonable self-defense.

When the victim of yesterday’s shooting refused to be battered by the armed stranger, the assailant withdrew a baton called an “asp” – which is regarded as a “non-lethal” impact weapon when wielded by a member of the state’s punitive priesthood – and began to beat the homeless man. In describing this act of unwarranted violence, Flynn said that his subordinate was “defending himself.”

The impudent Mundane, not understanding that he has an unqualified obligation to accept whatever violence his uniformed overseer chooses to inflict on him, confiscated the weapon and used it to ward of the attacker. The officer pulled his gun and “fired several shots at the individual, striking him numerous times and ultimately causing his death,” Flynn recounted. The Chief engaged in a tortured circumlocution in order to avoid using the phrase, “The officer killed the man.”

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...kill-mundanes/

Old May 8th, 2014 #167
Alex Linder
Administrator

The Police State Sucks the Fun Out of Nawlins’ Jazz Fest
Becky Akers

Tom Kowitz of Baldy and the Blonde writes me:

New Orleans Jazz Fest was spectacular this year. Springsteen was here, and Clapton, Santana, John Fogerty, Johnny Winter, and, of course, bureaucrats of the feral government.

On Sunday while at the Fogerty concert, I tried to buy two beers at a tent sent up by a local Kiwanis Club, but I was turned down because I didn’t have my leviathan-issued ID. I’m 53, but at that time on that day, I probably looked about 18. In dog years. I removed my hat and sunglasses, revealing alarmingly little hair and numerous wrinkles, but that did no good.

“I can’t sell to you if you don’t have ID.”

“I never carry my ID.”

“Then I can’t sell to you.”

“Per whose rules? Your club’s?”

“ATF.”

“Well, that’s ridiculous.”

And at this point, I swear, she looked worriedly over my shoulder and said, “ATF. They’re here.”

I’m not making this up.

I said, “The best thing to do with stupid rules is break them. We have to stand up to these people and break their stupid rules.”

“Sorry.”

And that was that.

Old May 10th, 2014 #168
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Cool rules are rules, comrade.

The same policy obtains at Nationwide Arena where I occasionally attend Columbus Blue Jacket's games.
The patron, regardless of age, MUST present his ID to be SCANNED each and every time he buys one of their overpriced jew-brews. ($8.50 for a 24oz can!)

PRO TIP:
slam a sixer in the parking lot before entering the venue.

Old May 10th, 2014 #169
Hunter Morrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post

The trooper persuades Roseen...to open a compartment underneath the bed that he knows is a feature of the Honda Ridgeline.
Roseen complies, and Klitch asks him, “Why do I smell marijuana coming out of there, sir?” “You don’t,” Roseen responds. “Well, take a smell,”
the trooper says. The older man leans in toward the compartment, sniffs, and retorts, “Nothing of the sort.”
“I’m going to be looking through everything in here because of that odor,” Klitch says, to which Roseen responds,
“I don’t even know what you’re smelling.” The trooper says, “I’ve got to be real honest with you, sir, with that odor I smell,
I got a right to search the whole vehicle. I’ve got probable cause.”
Some lying little piglet's Magical Nose shouldn't give him carte blanche to crap on the Constitution.
Oh, those magical little noses rooting for truffles!

Old May 12th, 2014 #170
Alex Linder
Administrator

http://www.vice.com/read/how-a-power...witter-account

HOW A POWER-MAD ILLINOIS MAYOR LAUNCHED A POLICE CRUSADE AGAINST A PARODY TWITTER ACCOUNT
By Justin Glawe May 10 2014

On the night of April 15, police in Peoria, Illinois, raided the house of my friend Jon Daniel in response to his operating a parody Twitter account mocking Peoria mayor Jim Ardis. The incident sparked a media firestorm, with Peoria all of a sudden being covered by national outlets like Al Jazeera and the Washington Post, and Ardis was condemned for what looked like a clear violation of the First Amendment. (Daniel is not being charged with any crime in connection with the Twitter account because, obviously, it’s not illegal to mock a public official.)

What wasn’t clear at the time was how intimately involved Ardis and Chief of Police Steve Settingsgaard were in ordering the raid, but according to emails obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request, city officials were so eager to nail the author of the parody Twitter account that they had a detective comb through Illinois statutes to find something to charge him with, in the process bungling the legal aspects of the case and drawing the ire of local citizens.

Old May 22nd, 2014 #171
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

Dramatic scenes unfold after armed officers swoop on innocent takeaway staff following vicious hoax 999 call

Quote:
  • Armed police surround a car in Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
  • The video shows two men being taken away by officers
  • Officers told a school to keep children inside during the incident
  • It was later revealed to be a malicious prank on takeaway staff
  • Police are now investigating who made the call

Old May 27th, 2014 #172
Alex Linder
Administrator

DEA retroactively gets warrant after violent, botched raid on wrong address
"I don’t need to show you a F-----g warrant," sneered the rifle-toting federal enforcer.

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/purple-zone-raid/

Old May 31st, 2014 #173
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

SWAT team throws a stun grenade into a toddler's CRIB during drugs raid leaving him in a coma with severe burns

Quote:
  • Wisconsin mother Alecia Phonesavanh and her 19-month-old son, Bou, were visiting her sister-in-law in Atlanta, Georgia
  • They were all asleep when police raided the home early Wednesday
  • Phonesavanh said officers threw a grenade, which landed in her baby's crib and exploded in his face
  • The child was seriously injured and was rushed to Grady Memorial Hospital's burn unit where doctors placed him in a medically induced coma
  • Most photographs of the baby's burns are too graphic to show
  • Police said a multijurisdictional drug unit issued a warrant and organized the SWAT operation
  • It's not clear if any drugs were found in the home during the raid

Old May 31st, 2014 #174
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

I'm surprised to see you on this thread, Tintin. I thought you fully supported the STATE's costumed enforcement caste in their efforts to prosecute the "War On Drugs" with extreme prejudice. Collateral damage be damned.

Old August 12th, 2014 #175
Alex Linder
Administrator

[now this is outrageous]

cop with tits blows away kid holding wii controller

A Georgia teen who dreamed of being a Marine was killed by police at his front door while wielding only a Wii remote, the family lawyer claims.

Christopher Roupe, 17, of Euharlee was felled by a single police bullet when an unidentified officer arrived at the family mobile home to execute a probation violation warrant against his father, authorities said.

Meanwhile, police assert that the teen pointed a gun directly at the female officer, prompting her to blast the boy in the chest.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1619842

Old August 13th, 2014 #176
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Location: Already in accordance with the future Repulsive Tapir Avatar Mandate

At least, that boy will never pursue his plan of joining de facto mercenaries who work against the interest of their own people and have a track record of habitually sexually assaulting their female counterparts.

Old August 13th, 2014 #177
Ray Allan

Damn, these stupid kwaps will shoot anything. And women have no business doing that anyway. What sort of training (or lack of it) are these donut-asses getting these days? I guess the sacred "officer safety" overrides everything, the goddamned cowards. I can't recall what VNN member said it, but kwaps are damn lucky all they have to deal with (yet) are retarded niggers and low-quality Whites or else they will quickly face extermination.

Old August 13th, 2014 #178
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Default Donut dietician to donut dietician friendly fire:

It looks like that deadly device wielder was fed plenty of donuts himself. There's no higher form of compliment than immitation:

At least, we can rule out it being a Polar Bear Hunt poached by some badge Buckbooness. Jittery recruits should get routinely screened out, though:

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dea...te-shady-past/

Last edited by Samuel Toothgold; August 13th, 2014 at 03:23 AM.

Old August 31st, 2014 #179
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Default Kwaps induce hot lead epileptic symptoms on actual epileptic Beavis:

http://buzzpo.com/police-fatally-sho...teen-24-times/

Quote:
...It’s already been acknowledged that Jennings was unarmed. He was however holding a cell phone. It’s perplexing how the police could’ve ever mistaken a cell phone for a gun...

Old August 31st, 2014 #180
Ray Allan

Just easy target practice for the badge fags, low-hanging fruit. Mr. Linder is right, the 'kwans are glorifying the wrong type of White people. Heroic Officer Buzzcut.

Thread