VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > Our Culture > Vanguard Broadcasting
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old May 4th, 2005 #21
MidnightStar14

Well,if you wanted to download it, Winamp is generally a much better player for audio applications. I'll keep poking around though-once I figure out M$'s playlist format,I can make a link for Windows Media users to tune in.

I assumed everyone upgraded to something better...silly me.

Old May 4th, 2005 #22
Chain

Downloaded Winamp. Have it on my Sony with a fine industrialized "Borg" skin, but didn't on this computer. Still can't get your site to work...saw your post there...but will try over time.

We must get VNN radio to work hassle free, and offer a few quick ways to try, if at all possible.

Old May 4th, 2005 #23
Chain

An example of yet another format so that we can offer multiple pumpable formats off VNN:
-A $27.77 ebook in pdf.
http://www.podcastsecretsrevealed.com/?*
Quote:
Details About Podcasting
Before podcasting, internet radio listeners had to tune in to scheduled programs or retroactively search for individual broadcasts to download.

Podcasts offer the unique feature of being delivered automatically to subscribers, right into their media playing device with auto synching to their media player, which means...(sorry for the "geek speak") the content file, which is an mp3 audio file, will get "dropped" right into an ipod (mp3 playing device by Apple), through their itunes (the software developed my Apple to move files into the ipod) synching software. And incase you are wondering, podcasts don't play on just ipods, but on ALL mp3 media players.

Old May 4th, 2005 #24
Paul Drake
Senior Heathen

"Podcasting" sounds like a winner, Chain. Tons of whiggers who need to hear our message; probably more than anyone, with 'iPods' out there!

NO HOPE WITHOUT ROPE

Old May 4th, 2005 #25
Subrosa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightStar14
One other thing:

How long ago was Terrible Tommy using Shoutcast?

Earlier versions did have problems with DoS vulnerabilities; obviously we 'racists' need to be concerned about that.
I believe it was back in 02/03, not sure though. DoS could very well be the reason. Firewalls are getting better at protecting against DoS though, that's why I like the colo idea, but we should use other methods too.

CHAIN: What a coincidence! I've been researching the podcasts and so far it looks very promising. Maybe have the main broadcast come out of the colo site and rebroadcast on podcast? An idea...

Thread