VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 20th, 2020 #1
alex revision

Default Johnson & Johnson to Stop Selling Talc Baby Powder in U.S. and Canada

Johnson & Johnson to Stop Selling Talc Baby Powder in U.S. and Canada

May 20, 2020

Pharmaceutical giant Johnson & Johnson on Tuesday said it would stop selling its talcum-based Johnson’s baby powder in the United States and Canada as part of a broad reassessment of its consumer product portfolio.

J&J has faced tens of thousands of lawsuits from consumers claiming its talc products, including the instantly recognizable brand of Johnson’s Baby Powder, caused their cancer, but J&J said it remains confident in the product’s safety and intends to continue to defend its goods in the courtroom.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...wder-us-canada

Last edited by alex revision; May 20th, 2020 at 10:02 AM.

Old May 20th, 2020 #2
Tony Boone

What passes for talcum powder is now corn starch. I think that’s different from the cancer causing ingredient.

Old December 1st, 2021 #3
SF.Elizabeth

My mom told me that when I was a baby I had diaper rash when she brought me home from the hospital and they had given her Johnson & Johnson baby powder to use on me. She talked with a pharmacist who recommended Ammen's baby powder. It is talc-free. She used that on me and my diaper rash went away. I'm allergic to talc. I didn't know about this story until I was in my 20's and bought some scented talcum powder from a classmate that was selling Avon products. I broke out in a rash. That's when my mom said I was still allergic to talc and told me about what happened when I was a baby.

Thread