VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 29th, 2021 #21
Jacky Jones

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF.Elizabeth View Post
I think I have a sugar addiction. I've been off of chocolate for a while but I'm back to eating chocolate nearly every day.
If you're a type 1 diabetic, it's all about moderation, if you're type 2 diabetic it's still about moderation and portion control.

Old December 1st, 2021 #22
SF.Elizabeth

I'm a type 2 diabetic. I had an appointment with my nephrologist (kidney doctor) in mid-November and I get there only to find out he had an emergency and wasn't there and they were cancelling and rescheduling all of his patients. They gave me an appointment in February. I saw my new primary care doctor on Monday. My old one retired in October. He got to read my lab results for my nephrologist and my A1c is better...it is 6.1. But he said my kidneys aren't filtering properly, etc and that I still need to see a kidney doctor. My next primary care follow-up is in three months, in March.

Old January 29th, 2023 #23
Tomasz Winnicki
White - European - Aryan

Old January 30th, 2023 #24
bedford

I only had two small meals for Saturday and Sunday both at breakfast. I did not eat anything besides that. I want to fast until 2/1 so two more days. I do not feel too hungry so far.

Old April 12th, 2023 #25
SF.Elizabeth

My Mom sent me a youtube video about which vitamins to take to stop diabetes complications. I watched it last night. It's a 10 minute video. The vitamins are B1,C, D, E, and B6. She had previously mentioned B1 to me. It's supposed to help the nerves, help prevent neuropathy in the feet. I already have neuropathy in the feet. Last night I took 200 mg of vitamin B1 and 200 mg of vitamin B6.

Elizabeth from www.whitebiocentrism.com

Old April 12th, 2023 #26
SF.Elizabeth

I should add that my primary care doctor is no longer seeing patients. I don't know if he quit or was fired. This was late last year. Maybe October 2022. I had to choose a new primary care doctor. I go to an APRN now. I stopped going to the nephrologist because they changed my last appointment without notifying me. I showed up for my scheduled appointment for my results and was told my appointment had been changed. The doctor was there but didn't want to see me. He wanted to leave early - it was about 3 pm. I have a terrible time getting to and from appointments - his office is far away - and I'm annoyed with him so I'm not going back to him. My APRN can order the blood and urine tests instead of him.

Elizabeth from www.whitebiocentrism.com

Thread