Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 27th, 2021 #1
Alex Him

Lightbulb American investigation games

One person from the forum sent me this link - https://archive.org/stream/hearingsr...0unit_djvu.txt

In his opinion, there was evidence that the United States was sending uranium to the USSR.

I started reading this text and sharing my opinion about it with this person in private.

But since everything I had read so far was "immaculately excellent," I decided that the person with whom I was discussing would simply be inundated with my letters.

Therefore, I decided not to overload his mail and publish my comments here.

From previous emails:

I am sure that you have not read these materials otherwise you would have noticed that:

"Mr. Tavenner:

Was this material, or the uranium compounds, actually flown to the Soviet Union, as far as your investigation disclosed?

Mr. Russell:

The staff as of this date has been unable to locate the actual manifests covering the uranium shipments to Russia. It was reported that atomic materials were sent out of the country as ordinary chemicals and that it would be a difficult if not fruitless task to attempt to identify any particular manifest covering a shipment of atomic material. However, oral information received by the committee reflects that the uranium compounds were flown from the bases at Great Falls, Mont., to Fairbanks, Alaska, and then to Russia."

Don't you find the evidence situation unconvincing to say the least?

"Mr. Russell:

...However, the source from which tlie Russians obtained the second shipment of the 1,000 pounds of uranium compounds was a Canadian source. The principal officer of this company was investigated by the committee. However, it developed that this person had been the subject of a criminal investigation by the Canadian Government in connection with the sale of uranium and radium products. The criminal case was, according to our investigation, dropped and a civil suit instituted by the Canadian Government in New York City against the individual involved. The records of the civil case were impounded by a Federal court in New York City after a settlement of more than $1,000,000 was effected by the Canadian Government. Following the impounding of the records, the committee issued a subpena calling for the production of these records by a firm of attorneys in New York City. After this subpena was served, the American State Department advised through a letter addressed to the committee that the Canadian Government had requested that the investigation of the person involved in the second shipment be deferred insofar as the production of the court records were concerned, in the interest of the national security of Canada.

Because of this request and the fact that the subject of the investigation was at the time in Paris, France, the staff discontinued its investigation, but the investigation has now been reactivated in view of the fact that the subject has returned to this country."

Again, instead of clear evidence, confusing explanations.

"Mr. Tavenner:

Was the heavy water actually shipped to Soviet Russia, as far as you could determine?

Mr. Russell:

The staff was unable to locate the shipping manifest applying to this particular license."

Again when evidence is needed there is none

"Mr. Tavenner:

Did your investigation reflect that the shipment of uranium compounds to the Soviet Union was approved by the Manhattan Engineering District?

Mr. Russell:

There is a great deal of controversy concerning whether the Manhattan Engineering District actually approved the shipment of uranium material to Soviet Russia. However, in a letter dated November 18, 1946, addressed to a Government official, Gen. Leslie Groves, the head of the Manhattan Engineering District, it is stated:

Early in 1948 the Russian purchasing commission placed an order with a private firm in this country for 220 pounds of uranium nitrate and 200 pounds of uranium oxide. The individual who arranged this purchase for the Russian purchasing commission is not known. I have reason to believe that the material was flown to Russia in a lend-lease plane. When the Manhattan Engineering District became cognizant of this purchase efforts were made to stop theshipment. These efforts were discontinued when we ascertained that the transaction had already been completely arranged...."

It is very interesting

The investigator, instead of a clear answer, does he have evidence that "the shipment of uranium compounds to the Soviet Union was approved by the Manhattan Engineering District" states that "there is a great deal of controversy..."

And again, instead of evidence, we are offered the opinion of a certain person expressed in the letter, who claims that "I have reason to believe", but no one presents this "reason" to us.

Thread