VNN Broadcasts

Old September 19th, 2014 #21
Karl LaForce

Default good article

http://www.upenn.edu/gazette/0111/Pe...1_feature2.pdf

Old October 7th, 2014 #22
Dawid Welski

Hello.
I'm trying to find some cave paintings showing some Tocharians, can you tell me where to look for it?

Old June 27th, 2017 #23
White Brazilian Boy

The Tocharians are an interesting subject, but I don't think we should jump to conclusions and say whites built Ancient China, without the Tocharians Chinese people would be illiterate barbarians.

This is not diferent to Afrocentrists claming blacks were the founders of Ancient Egypt because they also lived there(ignoring the fact that blacks in Ancient Egypt were in fact Nubian immigrants). Dumb logic they have. Europeans and blacks lived side by side in the US for centuries, but Europeans, not blacks, built the United States. I bet in the future some pseudo anthropologist will find the skull of blacks in the US and claim the American civilization was their creation.

Old June 27th, 2017 #24
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Brazilian Boy View Post
The Tocharians are an interesting subject, but I don't think we should jump to conclusions and say whites built Ancient China, without the Tocharians Chinese people would be illiterate barbarians.

This is not diferent to Afrocentrists claming blacks were the founders of Ancient Egypt because they also lived there(ignoring the fact that blacks in Ancient Egypt were in fact Nubian immigrants). Dumb logic they have. Europeans and blacks lived side by side in the US for centuries, but Europeans, not blacks, built the United States. I bet in the future some pseudo anthropologist will find the skull of blacks in the US and claim the American civilization was their creation.
Yes-there was a study done by Spencer Wells that showed more than one origin of the Tarim Basin mummies--West Eurasia, Siberia, etc. But those earliest mummies were 'Caucasian' and Tocharian is an Indo-European language.
And of course there was Genghis Khan, whose dna is still in something like one in 200 men. He had blue eyes and was a mixture of Central Asian and probably Indo European/Siberian.

What's funny is that the Chinese invented gunpowder--but used it to ward of evil spirits with firecrackers.
To me that explains their culture in a nutshell-brilliant in some ways, but then superstitious to a stupefying point.

They've found early human fossils in Europe that pre-date African ones, so this may also mean that we aren't as closely linked to Central Asia as they once thought either. But there is a lot of White admixture in Asia, including India (south Asia) where the differences in people from north to south are real easy to observe.

Old June 27th, 2017 #25
Crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Brazilian Boy View Post
I agree with this. We got enough accomplishments as a race to where we don't need to make blanket claims that we're responsible for all of the above average civilizations in history.

The ancient Chinese did very well in 2 areas. They were producing detailed products on an industrial level in ancient times. I'd say they were better than the Greeks when it came to doing this, and on par with the later period Romans. You can see this on display with the terracotta army in the tomb of the first emperor. Each of them even have their own weapons, which aren't wall hangers, they're the same weapons their warriors actually used in battle.

Even more impressive was their ability to organize manpower and labor to dedicate to such a task. A low level civilization couldn't have dedicated this much manpower to such a task. They had to have a very efficient and well trained labor force. As well as all of the support infrastructure required to keep it going. They were able to pull that many people from the labor force, during a time when most countries had to dedicate most of their labor to working fields and farming. That means they had extremely efficient farming methods. And even had mechanical methods to assist it like water wheels, and advanced irrigation methods (for their time).

We can't take credit for this. There is zero evidence for it.

Last edited by Crowe; June 27th, 2017 at 02:20 PM.

Old June 28th, 2017 #26
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
The ancient Chinese did very well in 2 areas. They were producing detailed products on an industrial level in ancient times. I'd say they were better than the Greeks when it came to doing this, and on par with the later period Romans. You can see this on display with the terracotta army in the tomb of the first emperor. Each of them even have their own weapons, which aren't wall hangers, they're the same weapons their warriors actually used in battle.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...-a7357606.html

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old June 29th, 2017 #27
Alex Linder
Administrator

I'd assume that, as with most matters, the full truth isn't known, re the Tocharians. The Aryan attitude is not we did everything best and first and most swaggerlingly, it's that we want to know the truth.

Thread