Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 15th, 2013 #2
Dawn Cannon

Note how the audience are as pretty as the band.

Old March 26th, 2013 #3
Serbian

Avantasia are just as big as Nightwish these days, at least in Europe.

''Screw your optics, I'm going in'', American hero Robert Gregory Bowers

Old January 13th, 2021 #4
Dawn Cannon

Default Marko Hietala leaves Nightwish

Nightwish bassist and co-vocalist Marko Hietala has quit the band.

In an impassioned social media post headed “Dear people, I am leaving Nightwish and my public life”, Heitala announced that he had come to his decision in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic after becoming “disillusioned” with the music industry.

Heitala wrote: “For a quite a few years now I haven’t been able to feel validated by this life. We have streaming company big guns demanding 9/5 work from artists of inspiration while unfairly sharing the profits. Even among the artists. We’re the banana republic of the music industry. Biggest tour promoters squeeze percentages even from our own merchandise while paying dividends to Middle East. Apparently some theocrasies can take the money from the music that would get you beheaded or jailed there without appearing as hypocrites. Just a couple of examples here.

“This past year forced me to stay home and think. And I found myself very disillusioned about these and a lot of things. I found out that I am in need of that validation. For me to write, sing and play, I need to find some new reasons and inspirations. ”My Walden” so to speak.”

https://www.loudersound.com/news/mar...aves-nightwish

Thread