VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 11th, 2012 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default Nielsen Ratings

[I don't subscribe to cable tv, but I got a Nielsen survey. Worth noting what they ask. Fifteen simple questions.]

1. How would you rate the quality of TV programming today? Please use 1 to 5, with 1 being "Not at All Satisfied" and 5 being "Extremely Satisfied".

2. What are the top three shows you currently watch on a regular basis.

3. What time of the day do you usually watch TV?

WEEKDAY: mornings / afternoons / evenings
WEEKENDS: mornings / afternoons / evenings

4. How many workign TV sets are there in your home?

zero, one, two, three, four, five or more

5. Do you have a Digital Video Recorder (DVR)?

No
Yes

Questions 6 through 10 are about the person ilving here who owns or rents this home. (If more than one person qualifies, please choose one of them). Now thinking about that person, please answer qeustions 6 through 10.

6. What is this person's age?

Under 35
35 to 49
50 or more

7. Is this person of Hispanic, Latino or Spanish origin?

No
Yes

8. What race or races is this person? (Check all that apply)

American Indian or Alaska Native
Asian
Black or African American
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
White
Some other race: ________________

9. Does this person speak Spanish in the home?

No (skip to Question 11)
Yes

10. Thinking about the language(s) this person speaks in the home, would you say this person speaks?

Only Spanish in the home
Mostly Spanish in the home
Spanish and English equally
Mostly English, but some Spanish
Only English

11. Including yourself, is anyone living in this home employed by or a principal owner of:

a television network,
a radio station or network,
a cable system or network, or
a satellite system provider?

No
Yes

12. Before you received this survey, had you ever heard of the Nielsen TV ratings?

No
Yes

13. Including yourself, does anyone living in your home have at least one working cell phone?

No
Yes

14. Do you have a landline telephone that is used to make and receive calls?

No
Yes

15. Nielsen conducts other TV ratings studies. In case you are selected for a future TV ratings study, please provide your phone number below. Be assured that this information will be kept confidential and that we will not reveal or sell your information to anyone.

Phone #:

Is this phone number a cell phone?

No
Yes

Thanks for completing this survey.
Please mail it back in the enclosed postage paid envelope.

[The survey comes with two crisp dollar bills to encourage you to respond]

- the survey comes in a fedex-type pack bearing Nielsen logo and saying "We've produced the TV Ratings for over 60 years!"

[whee!]

Included is a brochure: "Who Nielsen is and why your participation really matters

- pics of smiling happy people including whites, blacks, asians, mexes or indians, possibly one white queer

Brochure copy:

Quote:
Who is Nielsen?

Nielsen is the world's leading provider of marketing and media information, including the Nielsen TV Ratings. You may have seen the Nielsen TV Ratings published in your local newspaper.

What are the Nielsen TV Ratings?

The Nielsen TV Ratings are reports used by local TV stations, TV and cable networks and advertisers to learn what different types of people watch on TV across the U.S. You may have seen stories about the top programs watched that week or how many people watched a special event like the Super Bowl.

How did you pick my home?

Your home was specially selected. Since we can't measure everyone, we used statistical sampling to make sure that everyone has an equal chance of being selected to participate in the survey. This way, the sample represents all homes in the United States.

What's in it for me?

By participatign, you will represent the viewing choices of homes in your area. No two homes watch TV the same way, so it's important that we include all types of homes in our survey. Nielsen homes come from all backgrounds, ages, cultures and neighborhoods. We count on you to represent this diversity.

Your participation really matters and makes a difference. Without your participation, TV stations can't have a complete picture of TV viewing in your area. Your viewing choices are important and deserve to be counted.
[the rest is assurances of confidentiality]

Old December 11th, 2012 #2
confederate

i do hope you kept the 2 dollars and sent it back fed-ex without filling it out.

Dr. William Pierce

Old December 15th, 2012 #3
N.B. Forrest

I sometimes do online surveys to pick up a few extra pennies, and that "Are you a Hispanic?" question is ALWAYS included - even separate from the checklist of other racial options.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old December 15th, 2012 #4
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by confederate View Post
i do hope you kept the 2 dollars and sent it back fed-ex without filling it out.
After writing on it "No habla Ingles"

Old June 3rd, 2013 #5
America First

Just glanced at this thread. I have recieved a post card, a letter and courier envelope from Nielsen ratings, but did not open them and was going to throw them out, but now I have to check for the cash.

How can any sane and awake man care about anti-White inciting violence TV media, when White men have gone to prison for decades for words.

The Rubber Hose media has criminally damaged the English speaking Nations and fully promoted an open border fully hostile invasion.

TV hates YT and has been hurling degradation on use full strength for over 50 years !

If you watch TV, because your White reporter, commenter fine, okay, but for rank and file Whites itz bad and itz anti-White, anti-freedom and pro war, and full of lies. What do you need to know from TV ?

We cannot allow the natural passions and prejudices of other peoples
to lead our country to destruction.

-Charles A. Lindbergh
http://www.fff.org/freedom/0495c.asp

Old June 6th, 2013 #6
America First

Alex, if I had not read this post I would have dumped the Nielsen survey in the trash with out opening. Yest there was two one dollar bills in it crisp and with consecutive serial numbers too.

Told a friend today about that and he said he got one a few years back and it only had "one" dollar in the package. LOL.

The questions are as you posted.

Seriously what can said about TV is good ? TV has been subversive since day one, and became out right hostile as Hollywood did to US after JFK was ventilated, and especially when the criminal thug LBJ launched his various wars on US.

We cannot allow the natural passions and prejudices of other peoples
to lead our country to destruction.

-Charles A. Lindbergh
http://www.fff.org/freedom/0495c.asp

Tags
nielsen, tv ratings

Thread