VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 23rd, 2015 #81
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
....neither of which won, as far as I can make out.
Indeed Dundalk a bit better but usual don't put it up it goes in - Was hoping cite a few winners and force the jew lackeys in on Friday evenings

Chase them into the swamps

Old January 23rd, 2015 #82
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefrombradford View Post
Yes, albeit at a fraction of the odds for a place.

An each-way bet is like two seperate bets in one. So if you put on £1 "each way", the bet costs £2 in total. £1 on it winning and £1 with reduced odds on it getting a winning place. The number of winning places is determined by number of horses in the race.

Other bets available are forecast (which horses you think will come first and second and in which order) or tricast (1st, 2nd and 3rd).
(just seen your edit)

That makes a lot more sense - I never understood the each way thing or how people could still win even if their horse didn't - I just thought you had to say who would come first or first and second - but you've explained it perfectly.
Quote:
Indeed Dundalk a bit better but usual don't put it up it goes in - Was hoping cite a few winners and force the jew lackeys in on Friday evenings
I don't know why you don't post more - there's obviously some interest in it.

Old January 23rd, 2015 #83
joefrombradford

Horse racing and Greyhound racing are good, virtually 100% White sports and both are at present, virtually untouched by the PC brigade. A day at the races always makes a good day out.

Just remember, no horse is certain to win. The best horse in the world can fall or have a bad day, so don't go mental and gamble away anything you can't afford to lose.

Old January 23rd, 2015 #84
scouse83

Quote:
Horse racing and Greyhound racing are good, virtually 100% White sports and both are at present, virtually untouched by the PC brigade. A day at the races always makes a good day out.

Just remember, no horse is certain to win. The best horse in the world can fall or have a bad day, so don't go mental and gamble away anything you can't afford to lose.
I never go in a bookies if I need money guaranteed to lose I always go in when I have plenty of money in my pocket for some reason I always seem to win when I don't really need it.

Old January 24th, 2015 #85
Zander

Grand National is the only time i stick a tenner on a horse. Not too far away now so any tips would be appreciated.

Old January 24th, 2015 #86
Gerry Fable
'God Belief, German Piety'

Quote:
....neither of which won, as far as I can make out.
What are you talking about, Bev? I won £20 on those tips. I logged on to Betfair and layed them both to lose.

Keep up with the tips, Andy.
"Man is not God. But he is God's birthplace. God exists and grows in man. If God does not come in man, He never comes~ Hence the German religion is the religion of high faith in man."-Alfred Rosenberg

Old January 24th, 2015 #87
joefrombradford

Just put on a lucky 31. I won't say what horses I've got running because I don't want none of you jinxing them, but if I was going to back another it would be Medermit, running at 3:15 Doncaster.

Old January 24th, 2015 #88
andy

I shouldn't but it has to be noted that Winston Churchill is running in 15.25 at uttoxeter It has the right profile to win such a race if it was named anything else I would back it. As with a previous brilliant horse soviet star I will have to pass on principle.
Medermit is good at this time of the year and looks a good bet.

I like the look of Carraci Apache in the 14.40 at doncaster

Old January 24th, 2015 #89
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zander View Post
Grand National is the only time i stick a tenner on a horse. Not too far away now so any tips would be appreciated.
Now they have simplified the National there is rumour that Alfie Spinner will run in it currently 170-1 on betfair but only 40-1 in bookmakers

Old January 24th, 2015 #90
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I shouldn't but it has to be noted that Winston Churchill is running in 15.25 at uttoxeter It has the right profile to win such a race if it was named anything else I would back it. As with a previous brilliant horse soviet star I will have to pass on principle.
Medermit is good at this time of the year and looks a good bet.

I like the look of Carraci Apache in the 14.40 at doncaster
14:40 1st 2 Caracci Apache(Mr N De Boinville, 9/2)

15:25 1st 4 Winston Churchill(Killian Moore, 3/1)

I'll claim that as the double of the day

Old January 24th, 2015 #91
scouse83

Quote:
14:40 1st 2 Caracci Apache(Mr N De Boinville, 9/2)

15:25 1st 4 Winston Churchill(Killian Moore, 3/1)

I'll claim that as the double of the day
Was in the bookies before I was looking at that Winston Churchill an all was gonna through a tenner on it ended up putting it in the roulette doubled my money so never mind.

Old January 24th, 2015 #92
Zander

Quote:
Now they have simplified the National there is rumour that Alfie Spinner will run in it currently 170-1 on betfair but only 40-1 in bookmakers
Thank you.

Old January 25th, 2015 #93
joefrombradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse83 View Post
Was in the bookies before I was looking at that Winston Churchill an all was gonna through a tenner on it ended up putting it in the roulette doubled my money so never mind.
You'd have quadrupled it if you'd had the bottle to stick it on the nose of Winston Churchill, it came in at 3/1.

Ironically, yesterday was the 50th anniversary of his death.

Old January 25th, 2015 #94
andy

Quote:

You'd have quadrupled it if you'd had the bottle to stick it on the nose of Winston Churchill, it came in at 3/1.

Ironically, yesterday was the 50th anniversary of his death.
That in itself tells you how Horse Racing is definitely corrupt. The owner and trainer revealed after the race that they had deliberately targeted the race and that this was publicised in the Industry it won by 80 lengths which is ridiculous if one considers the opponents that were all officially rated higher by the Racing Industries own measure.

To win by 80 lengths against such opposition warranted a Stewards Enquiry and an explanation for such an improvement or an explanation from the other horses jockey's and connections for such a dire performance.

None of the Channel four "experts" noted this Anniversary. Yet they waffled on for literally hours about the relative merits of the bookies favourite races at Cheltenham. Races where once the favourite is taken out of the equation any horse in the race can and often does win. Such races while not as obviously bent as the Churchill race are very difficult to decipher between those that this particular race is the "big day" and those that are preparing for March.

Dynaste for example looked starved you could see its entire rib cage yet this obvious deficiency was not noted by a single pundit or commentator. Yet half a million punters had this "favourite" in their acca's at the say so of "Industry experts",Dynaste faded after struggling the entire race. So called animal welfare experts if they had any sense beyond emotion would insist that the weights of National Hunt Horses are monitored - recorded and made public at least an hour prior to any race.

Did I back the double ? Yes on the grounds that Churchill created the mess we are in and I am due compo for suffering it.

Old January 25th, 2015 #95
Bev
drinking tea

(not to detract from the betting tips - feel free to go back to them - but we don't have a UK nutzpah anymore and this seems to be the thread for posting OT randomness.....)

Quote:

Premiership footballers could be left single and lonely after the Sun Newspaper announced it is to cease publication of its popular ‘Page 3′ dating section.

Printed nice and early in the paper so people who struggle to read but possess tremendous ball skills would still have a chance of meeting girls, at its height “Page 3″ was responsible for more than 70% of marriages for the 2001 Manchester United squad.

“It made meeting girls so easy”, said an unnamed premiership player.

“You’d open the newspaper and there’d be a girl there, and then you’d go down to Ritzy’s nightclub in Basildon and say hello and you thought she looked nice.”

“What am I going to do now?”
Page 3 dropped

Reports indicate that players’ mums are organising a support group to give classes on “just being yourself” and “using your personality”, although most admit that many players will struggle.

Page Three girls have also expressed dismay at the move, but are already planning to look for boyfriends elsewhere.

Donna, 23, who likes kittens and world peace said “I realised I was going to need a new way to meet men with more money than sense who can’t talk to girls, so I’m going to stick a picture with me tits out up on Guardian Soulmates.”

“It’s pretty much the same thing anyway, I just won’t get paid for it.”

No comment had been received from Everton FC at time of going to press, but industry sources suggest that this is because none of them have girlfriends anyway.
ht tp://ne wsthump.com/2015/01/20/warning-that-scrapping-page-3-could-leave-footballers-unable-to-find-girlfriends/

Old January 27th, 2015 #96
joefrombradford

If I was to back another horse today, it would be Plato, which is running at 4:30 Taunton and is currently priced in Ladbrokes at 7/1.

Old January 27th, 2015 #97
andy

Midweek e/w Trixie ?

1. 12:20 Cagnes-sur-Mer (France), Lowenstein well bred and looked it in November this race well below this colts usual standard yet projected odd = 14-1

2. 13:40 Chelmsford City: Twin Turbo a bit obvious but Cowell needs this at re-opened track

3. 15:10 Chelmsford City:Magnus Maximus Egan must deliver one for Littmoden before the handcuffs come again projected odds 16-1

Old February 6th, 2015 #98
Bev
drinking tea

Fed up of phone calls from "Internet Main Server Security Team" claiming....well, I don't know what they're claiming because their accents are so strong. Some sort of scam, anyway.

Old February 6th, 2015 #99
andy

20.35 Dundalk For Shia and Lula
21.05 Dundalk Coillte Cailin
an each way double ? Whatever one or the other is going in.

Old February 6th, 2015 #100
Crusader777
Banned

Quote:
Fed up of phone calls from "Internet Main Server Security Team" claiming....well, I don't know what they're claiming because their accents are so strong. Some sort of scam, anyway.
Say to them, I will just get the person you want,leave the phone on the side, leave them hanging on, after 15 mins hang up.

It works, they dont call back.

Last edited by Crusader777; February 7th, 2015 at 04:51 AM.

Tags
betting, friday, gossip, horse racing, jokes, nutzpah, off topic, post anything, random, satire, spoof

Thread