Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 14th, 2014 #1
Bev
drinking tea

Default Very quiet for Friday night.......

I expect everyone is watching Children in Need or something?

Old November 14th, 2014 #2
Gerry Fable
'God Belief, German Piety'

VNNUK isn't worth the effort these days. I think Alex should scrap it and put us out of our misery.
"Man is not God. But he is God's birthplace. God exists and grows in man. If God does not come in man, He never comes~ Hence the German religion is the religion of high faith in man."-Alfred Rosenberg

Last edited by Gerry Fable; November 14th, 2014 at 02:13 PM.

Old November 14th, 2014 #3
Bev
drinking tea

It does go through phases of being quiet but that's as much your (and mine and everyone else's) fault as anything else. There just doesn't seem to be much going on and there's a limit to how many newly busted terror plots you can stomach before they all sound the same.

I did think things might pick up with the news that the White Widow was dead but that seemed to be a hoax. Oh well. There'll be another Farage story along in a minute.

Old November 14th, 2014 #4
Jimmy Marr

It's yet morning on the left coast of USA, and I'm still waiting for my fingers to fully awaken, but I can't say that it's quiet around here.

This young man and his accompanist are faster than the Missus and me, but on GHB and 14" snare, we have 'em beaten hands down in loudness.

Old November 14th, 2014 #5
Gerry Fable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
It does go through phases of being quiet but that's as much your (and mine and everyone else's) fault as anything else. There just doesn't seem to be much going on and there's a limit to how many newly busted terror plots you can stomach before they all sound the same.

I did think things might pick up with the news that the White Widow was dead but that seemed to be a hoax. Oh well. There'll be another Farage story along in a minute.
There's too much negativity, flaming and little else of interest. I am usually viewing the Just In section these days.

Quite a few incidents of late in my city of Bradford. People getting beaten up by gangs of youths. So much to campaign about and yet no-one can be arsed to do anything about it.
"Man is not God. But he is God's birthplace. God exists and grows in man. If God does not come in man, He never comes~ Hence the German religion is the religion of high faith in man."-Alfred Rosenberg

Old November 14th, 2014 #6
joefrombradford

Of course Friday nights will be quiet. That's when everyone who works during the week and has an expendible income goes out to play.

If I wasn't working tomorrow, then posting on the internet would be really low down on my list of things to do.

Old November 14th, 2014 #7
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Fable View Post
There's too much negativity, flaming and little else of interest. I am usually viewing the Just In section these days.

Quite a few incidents of late in my city of Bradford. People getting beaten up by gangs of youths. So much to campaign about and yet no-one can be arsed to do anything about it.
You could do your part by starting a thread and collating all these incidents - one group or another might find it useful. One incident here or there tends to get ignored - when it's a string of them it's harder for groups and even the authorities to ignore. Have you contacted your MP for his take on it or asked him to raise questions with your Chief Constable?

I understand the frustration with the flaming. I also understand that frustrations are running high within the various NF factions so it's hard to contain.

Old November 14th, 2014 #8
Gerry Fable

Quote:
You could do your part by starting a thread and collating all these incidents - one group or another might find it useful. One incident here or there tends to get ignored - when it's a string of them it's harder for groups and even the authorities to ignore. Have you contacted your MP for his take on it or asked him to raise questions with your Chief Constable?

I understand the frustration with the flaming. I also understand that frustrations are running high within the various NF factions so it's hard to contain.
I was thinking the same thing myself. Although it is hard to get hold of information if the sole source of that information is from the Bradford Taliban & Argus. When I was active leafleting, people would pass on news about a race attack, assaults the local media and police had ignored. One needs to be active in the community, pounding the pavement and listening to residents because very little gets reported otherwise.

Old November 14th, 2014 #9
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Fable View Post
I was thinking the same thing myself. Although it is hard to get hold of information if the sole source of that information is from the Bradford Taliban & Argus. When I was active leafleting, people would pass on news about a race attack, assaults the local media and police had ignored. One needs to be active in the community, pounding the pavement and listening to residents because very little gets reported otherwise.
Twitter can be a good source of local information - whilst it's often just eyewitness accounts from various people and no "official" news source, if you get half a dozen people claiming they all saw the same thing then you at least have a solid enough ground to begin a post/article with "Several allegations have been made.....". Someone could even set up a "Bradford Newshound" or the like Twitter account, retweet local stories, ask for verification of rumours, eye witnesses etc. Once that account gets known, the account holder would likely find local people falling over themselves to pass on links/ stories.

Old November 14th, 2014 #10
Dawn Cannon

Henry.'s posts are always worth a re-read in quiet times, I find.

Old November 14th, 2014 #11
andy

Quote:
I expect everyone is watching Children in Need or something?
I have highlighted the quietness on Friday evenings here before. I expect it is an in joke gable tradition to de - brief and give new instructions on Fridays mirroring the gog as it were.
I have a related anecdote that tangentially fits in with this thread

Years ago I used to use Golders Green tube station as sundown was approaching one Friday I alighted at Golders Green station amongst the scurrying jews to the unmistakable skirl of the pipes. In the Lobby area was a twenty strong band playing bag pipes and beating drums and everyone of them was a joe. I inspected their kit and it was authentic military issue there were no signs and no apparent reason for these blighters to be blasting out.

Another inexplicable bizarre and surreal experience of multi racial alien Britain. I never found out why they were there or what the occasion was

Chase them into the swamps

Last edited by andy; November 14th, 2014 at 03:28 PM.

Old November 14th, 2014 #12
Gerry Fable

Quote:
Twitter can be a good source of local information - whilst it's often just eyewitness accounts from various people and no "official" news source, if you get half a dozen people claiming they all saw the same thing then you at least have a solid enough ground to begin a post/article with "Several allegations have been made.....". Someone could even set up a "Bradford Newshound" or the like Twitter account, retweet local stories, ask for verification of rumours, eye witnesses etc. Once that account gets known, the account holder would likely find local people falling over themselves to pass on links/ stories.
Thank you for that tip.

Old November 14th, 2014 #13
Gerry Fable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Cannon View Post
Henry.'s posts are always worth a re-read in quiet times, I find.
Agree. He's been AWOL for some time as our Henry.

Old November 14th, 2014 #14
Gerry Fable

Extra police to be drafted into Bradford

A few readers' quotes....

Quote:
Hardly surprising:
Disgraced councillor, immigration scam
Shamed halal food supplier offences
Teacher raped
Drug dealers going for a cup of tea
Man inciting girl for sex
Women charged over brothel
Minibus driver jailed
And on and on and on.
Quote:
Good news get them to Keighley to arrest a few of the feral out of control scum and give them a criminal record.

Bet the 15 and 16 year olds arrested recently are not feeling so gangsta now are they?
Quote:
20 added to 1183? That's a measely 1.7% increase. Hardly a news story when the police have lost control of the streets in Keighley. Stop patting yourselves on the back, coppers, and stop tolerating mob violence.
Quote:
I'm with any increase. It's really not safe at night in town and not too cracking during the day.

Old November 14th, 2014 #15
Northern nazi
you have to be cruel

Default Ah well

The same people with multiple accounts having conversations with themselves .Replying to their own threads because nobody else is interested in their pathetic ramblings

Old November 14th, 2014 #16
EDLIE Stampton
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern nazi View Post
The same people with multiple accounts having conversations with themselves .Replying to their own threads because nobody else is interested in their pathetic ramblings
What an idiot.

Old November 14th, 2014 #17
EDLIE Stampton
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDLIE Stampton View Post
What an idiot.
As if people would be that sad.

Old November 14th, 2014 #18
EDLIE Stampton
Banned

Quote:
As if people would be that sad.
Sad the only person that quotes his own posts regularly is aNDY but his posts are quite entertaining.

Old November 14th, 2014 #19
EDLIE Stampton
Banned

Quote:
Sad the only person that quotes his own posts regularly is aNDY but his posts are quite entertaining.
Biv is the next biggest offender.

Old November 14th, 2014 #20
EDLIE Stampton
Banned

Quote:
Biv is the next biggest offender.
Then again she is left handed after all.

Tags
betting, friday, gossip, horse racing, jokes, nutzpah, off topic, post anything, random, satire, spoof

Thread